Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H/C/I LS1 bank to bank st trims wildly different

Tuner
    It's the time between when the intake valve opens and the exhaust valve closes. Still your map sensor at idle thinks you're at wot.
    Last edited by MarcusMilner; 01-14-2019 at 06:45 AM.

Tuner in Training
    No no I know what overlap is. It's the degrees of crank rotation that both the intake and exhaust valves are both open. I meant what formula is used to figure it out from the specs lol.

I agree that the MAP shows very little vacuum but since I've not touched these before I figured it was just how this cam idled lol.

Tuner
    Ok, lol. Do you have the card for that cam?

Tuner in Training
    I don't unfortunately. It's an old thunder racing raptor is what it's called.

Tuner in Training
    Must be a vaccum leak then. He told me he'd rather let me kick him in the head than to have to take the intake manifold off lol.

Tuner
    I've used this site for calcs before, they have anything you can think of. http://wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm Sucks to be him lol. Kick him in the head just because.lol

Tuner in Training
    Yep thanks, the cam has 17 degrees overlap according to that calculator, cool.

Potential Tuner
    wouldn't an exhaust leak create this kind of mayhem? Have you checked the header flange or collector for a leak?

With the B1S1 staying over 775 MV for over 165 sec, check for code P0132. You need to diagnose the B1S1 O2 for a short to voltage to the high signal circuit. Possibly a bad B1S1 O2, try swapping them side to side. Could also be a bad PCM.

Russ Kemp