Thread: E67/T42 4L80e TCC Issues

Advanced Tuner

E67/T42 4L80e TCC Issues

So I previously thought that the lack of a speed reading at the ECU as causing the shifting issues that I am having. Now I am thinking that it is more of an issue with the TCC rather than the shift points.

The car is a 71 Chevelle with an LSA and a 4L80e. I am using an E67 ECU and a T42 TCM. The harness was originally set up for a 6L90e, but we used a conversion harness from DSX Tuning to run the 4L80e.

The car runs and drives, but the problem that I am having is as soon as the car shifts into 3rd gear, the converter locks. Then, the converter stays locked when it eventually shifts into 4th. I have tried setting the converter tables to not allow lockup in 3rd, but it still does it.

I am also seeing a lot on converter slip in the logs. The conversion harness doesn't use an Input Speed Sensor, so I don't know if that is a problem.

The converter is a Circle D unit that was made for the swap. It is about a 2800 stall.

I attached a log, as well as the tune file out of the car. If you guys could take a look, that would be great.

Thanks.

71Chevelle_LSA_4L80.hpt

71 Chevelle_LSA_4L80 Drive.hpl
    Last edited by doc350; 01-11-2019 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling