Thread: 2016 PPGT Flex Fuel Tuning

2016 PPGT Flex Fuel Tuning

Was starting to play with doing a FF tune. Pretty much took the 2015 5.0 F150 FF settings and incorporated it. Had 1/4 tank of 93 and filled up with E85 @ $1.59 a gallon. After about 10 minutes of driving and cruising lamda of 1 settled in at 11.0:1 AFR. Car seems to drive pretty good and only had a couple chances to do partial WOT pulls and was getting decent spark advance. So seems that the FF enabled /tune seems to be working. I will do some WOT pulls soon to get a better assessment. Is there anything else i should be dialing in. Don't seem to have any spark modifiers other than the blend which i'll try and post a image of what i have currently. For the newer cars do you pretty much just rely on the Knock sensors to do their jobs? I'll post my tune and i appreciate any guidance. FF Spark Blend.PNGFF% vs AFR.PNG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    I would see if support can get you the FF modifier and multiplier table. you have the FF multiplier tables for the torque tables, that usually are at the bottom of the spark MP tables. What happens is the modifier table adds spark based on load/RPMs. This table gets multiplied based on E%. The spark blending table is how the ECU interpolates spark between the E10 tables and the new calculated value as E% raises during infer time.

its always good to make sure you have the latest version of the suite installed. Its updated daily.

FF spark.PNG
    Last edited by murfie; 10-09-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Thanks Murfie. Did a couple 3rd gear pulls last night. E% is at 65.5%. Pull was using about 24-25 timing degrees up top. Inj DC hit 80%. Not sure if is netting me anymore power I will actually hit 24-25 degrees sometimes on 93octane. I will possibly contact support and ask questions about FF modifier tables.

Wanted to make a couple.changes to tune and it seems that the initial stoich value will be reset. Will it quickly relearn that I have a E65 mixture through the EGO switchs or do I need to satisfy refill threshold by putting in a couple gallons to trip a relearn. Thanks

Senior Tuner
    The KAM gets reset with a flash and returns the AFR to the initial AFR, but it should relearn shortly with out having to fill up.

Flashed car and when fired up seeing STFT 25+% then within a minute it pretty much was almost 75% on its way to being dialed into the E%. A few more minutes of driving and it was completely learned. So pretty happy on how quick the car can adjust for FF. I'll try and get some more pulls tomorrow and see where I'm at.

Had a interesting thing happen tonight when I was topping off my fuel tank. Was trying to aim for E65 so adding a 3:1 mix should be pretty close. Started lightly cruising around to relearn. E% starting changing it finally settled into E77. I knew that it couldn't be that. It took a KAM reset and another short drive to actually fall closer In line where the E% should have been. Luckily I was logging and saw the discrepancy. What would be the consequence if the E% got locked into something higher than it actually is? I don't have the spark FF modifier tables so I'm assuming I mostly relying on knock sensors for added timing. On fuel side would it be a little richer all around if car thought it was E77 but was really E65? I'd be interested if anyone had a similar experience.

Senior Tuner
    It would run rich. If it got locked in a lower e% it would be lean. Ive read about others having this issue. Not sure of a solution.

Thanks. I'll definitely make it a point to keep an eye on it and make sure it makes sense upon each fill of a E mixture.

Got a pretty good clean 3rd gear pull other day and was getting 27* of timing with E65. Gone to try test and tune this Saturday to see how she runs through the gears.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RSlo View Post
    Thanks. I'll definitely make it a point to keep an eye on it and make sure it makes sense upon each fill of a E mixture.

Got a pretty good clean 3rd gear pull other day and was getting 27* of timing with E65. Gone to try test and tune this Saturday to see how she runs through the gears.
    Here are the multipliers/modifiers I use with mine. I did some slight adjustment since, but this should give you a good idea on how you can set them up

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 1.56.33 PM.png

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Here are the multipliers/modifiers I use with mine. I did some slight adjustment since, but this should give you a good idea on how you can set them up

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 1.56.33 PM.png
    Much appreciated! What year is your car? Unfortunately it doesn't seem that the 2016's have these modifier tables as far as I can tell. Was going to email support to verify this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by RSlo View Post
    Much appreciated! What year is your car? Unfortunately it doesn't seem that the 2016's have these modifier tables as far as I can tell. Was going to email support to verify this is the case.
    they don't as of yet. im setting mine up around 25-26* wot and letting the knock sensors add the rest and increasing the rate of knock sensor advance, works well.

Tuner in Training
    I just tuned a 2015 Auto and 2015 PPGT that doesn't have the multi/modifiers. Glad I looked here and saw it was available.

Tuner in Training
    Emailed support both 2015 files that didn't have these tables unlocked. They asked if I had a 15 file that did have them unlocked for them to compare to...... So can Jn2 or anyone post up a file with tables unlocked? I have been updating HPT daily as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaRed50 View Post
    Emailed support both 2015 files that didn't have these tables unlocked. They asked if I had a 15 file that did have them unlocked for them to compare to...... So can Jn2 or anyone post up a file with tables unlocked? I have been updating HPT daily as well.
    I don't believe JN2 has a 15 or 16. I still believe the 15/16 do not have the modifier tables. Maybe it is the 2011-2014's that have them.

Tuner in Training
    Ah. Skimmed through and didn't realize he didn't have a 15+

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaRed50 View Post
    Ah. Skimmed through and didn't realize he didn't have a 15+
    Yeah, mine were from a 13 strategy, so it seems those tables are not available on the tricore

Quote Originally Posted by rshoe09 View Post
    they don't as of yet. im setting mine up around 25-26* wot and letting the knock sensors add the rest and increasing the rate of knock sensor advance, works well.
    Finally getting back around to this. Doing a 2018 manifold and 47# inj. Going to try and run E85 most of time and was curious about knock retard recovery fast/normal. since the 2016's don't seem to have the spark multipliers was seeing if I could influence how fast KR sensors add timing. so I decreased the numbers of fast/normal by 10%. Not sure of overall implications but I'll give it a shot. Anyone have a better feel on how active/sensitive it helps??

I have an interesting way of adding timing for flex on the s550's since they dont have FFV modifiers. Here is my tune. It works great. This car has been doing great like this for the past year.
    Logan Flex.hpt