Thread: Fuel Reduced

Fuel Reduced

I need some serious help trying to get some of this fuel out of my tune. I looked at the injector lbs per hour and it read 120lbs at idle. My injectors are only 96lbs. They are 96lbs at 42lbs fuel rail pressure and is 3 bar. My c6 grand sport has a 58lbs pressure rail so I think that's why its dumping soo much fuel. Is it possible to control the injectors with the injector pulse width. Right now mines is opening with .7 and I want to take it down to point .5 The car is running so rich that it smokes and smells like fuel. could some one please take a look at my tune file and provide some advise.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The flow rate must match the pressure, so if they are 96lb/hr at 3 bar you must increase that value if the vehicles fuel system runs 4 bar.

96lb/hr converted for to 4 bar/58psi is 110.9 lb/hr. So you need to change the flow rate to that.
    Make sure all the other injector data is correct.

I'm sure once you do that it will not idle as rich because it will now be correct on the injector size. Past that you must tune the airflow model with your wideband to bring the fueling in line. This will have to be done with the fuel trims disabled and using a wideband error % against the commanded AFR/Lambda. You can pick the MAF or VVE to tune first, the MAF is probably faster to get you going.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 01-11-2019 at 10:18 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    ur IAT flow rate modifier is 1.5 put it back to 1 and adjust the IFR as mentioned

to all thanks for the input. I will make the corrections when I get back in town next week.