Thread: Hydra Nemesis CanBus output

Potential Tuner

Hydra Nemesis CanBus output

Can I pull data from my Hydra Nemesis?

It should work if it implements OBD-II and responds to standard SAE Mode 01 data requests, however if you're looking to capture its broadcast data, that is not supported at this time.

Potential Tuner

Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    It should work if it implements OBD-II and responds to standard SAE Mode 01 data requests, however if you're looking to capture its broadcast data, that is not supported at this time.

I was under the impression that it is raw can bus, no obdII
    Would you please check? It is a major ECU

I had looked into it and didn't find anything conclusive, so without having one here, I can't give a definitive answer. I had found some cases where people wired it up to an OBD-II plug and got a scangauge to work, but it's unclear if that was using standard scanning or if it was custom configured for this ECU's broadcast data.

Best bet is to ask other users of that ECU if they're able to get it to work with generic scan tools, or with an ELM327 and other apps like Torque, as those typically also use OBD-II Mode 01 (unless they are custom configured).

At some point, our own MPVI2 will offer CAN broadcast data in our mobile apps, most likely in a user-configurable way, but we're not quite there just yet...