Thread: 2017 SHO Controlling Boost HELP!

Tuner

2017 SHO Controlling Boost HELP!

I am tuning my Taurus SHO and facing a problem to control the boost. I am attaching a scanned file of a pull in 3rd-5th gear. I found that the maximum boost get higher in higher gear. In 3rd gear, the maximum boost~16.5psi. In 4th gear, I got maximum ~ 17.7psi. and in 5th gear ~19psi. I do not want to push the turbos and drivtrain to the limit. Also, I got more boost in lower rpm. in 4th gear, the boost started with 17.7 psi then dropped to 13.5psi at the end of the gear. I have raised all the torque managment limiters that I know. I am looking to get steady 16psi of boost through all gears and rpm's.
    I did not scan 1st and 2nd gear, but I got lower boost. I am attaching the stock file, the tuned file and scanned file.

The only mod is catless downpipes.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Go to Engine -> Torque Management -> Driver Demand -> AT OSS Modifier. Set all rpm cells at 356 and 571 pedal position all to 1.000. If you dont want boost to taper, you will have to raise your requested torque and limiters at 6500 rpm. Hopefully this helps.

Tuner
    Would changing the OSS modifier from 1.2 to 1.0 would limint the torque as well as the boost?

Yes. That is a multiplier to your driver demand table. Driver demand is what the car will use to give you a certain amount of boost in certain conditions. You will see, though, that in warmer weather, you will see a bit higher peak boost since it is targeting a certain torque value instead of a certain boost value.