Thread: help!!! about E38 VATs

Potential Tuner

help!!! about E38 VATs

I have holden comodor 2008 engine on old sierra . I attached the wires and everything . But now when i start the engine it work but goes off after socends . I tried to look it up in the web and it seems its a peoblem that happend to some people So can anybody help me with the solution to fix this problem .

If you think the VATS is the issue, disable it.

If you are in advanced view, click the OS tab. The the VATS disable drop downs are there, disable them and write entire.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If you think the VATS is the issue, disable it.

If you are in advanced view, click the OS tab. The the VATS disable drop downs are there, disable them and write entire.
    Thanks for your reply . I already tried that . I disapled vat patch 1 and vat patch 2 but the same . ( engine on and then it is off again )

Going to need the tune file and logs to help any further.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Couple major things from that log.

Your IAT sensor reads -40, not good.

Your coolant temps read -40, not good.

Your MAP kpa reads 200kpa with the key on engine off, also very bad.

It will not start because of this. The MAP sensor linear and offset settings must match the sensor you are running and you need the intake air temp and coolant sensor working.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your reply. Do you mean i should replace the sensores? Or the reading of all sensores should be matched ?? .

Figure out why they are not working.

Having both temp sensors at -40 degrees is a text book case of an open circuit. Either they are unplugged or your have wiring issues to them. Could even be the wrong sensors if this engine came with them and was swapped but I don't know exactly what you are doing.

The MAP sensor reading 200-205kpa key on engine off says that you likely have the wrong settings for the MAP sensor that is installed. Verify what part number the MAP sensor is and make sure it's correct for what you are doing. Make sure the linear and offset settings match that sensor you are using.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kkk View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Do you mean i should replace the sensores? Or the reading of all sensores should be matched ?? .
    You need to figure out why those 2 sensors are not reading correctly. That's the value they normally ahow when there is a wiring issue....or they arent plugged in.

Potential Tuner
    Q: I didn't attach the raditor water pipes so is it possible that this could be tge problem? Imean no water in engine...

No, that's not related.

You have a power/wiring or sensor issue.

Like said -40 is the default temp when something is wrong.

I realize that on forums you get a lot of opinions but what 5FDP is writing is fact. -40 means they are either unplugged or for some reason not connecting.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your advices it helped alot . The situation now that the car is working . IAT sensore is connected and working fine but MAF sensor is connectend and not working . I tried to change the MAF sensore many time but the same , not working . I dont know what is the problem .Need your advice again .