Thread: V6 Jeep with RIPP supercharger

Potential Tuner

V6 Jeep with RIPP supercharger

Hi,

There is a 2016 JEEP wrangler V6 here with an RIPP Supercharger. Since I am in the philippines the kit came with an ECU and a flashing tool with the tune in it. Car runs really well except that once in a while i get a check engine light with a system too lean error. happens at steady state running at part throttle. I pulled the tune with HPtuners and it read the tune. I now want to edit it. Since supercharger kit came with an ECU and a flasher, this ECU is already unlocked, right? All I need to do is buy credits so i can upload the edited tune, correct?

thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Check for mechanical issues/vacuum leaks if you haven't. Ive had several jeeps in the shop with that kit and all have had problems. The tunes weren't that great either.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed Neri View Post
    Since supercharger kit came with an ECU and a flasher, this ECU is already unlocked, right? All I need to do is buy credits so i can upload the edited tune, correct?

thanks
    If the tuner the jeep came with was from Diablosport there is a good chance the PCM is unlocked and will work with HP tuner. All you need is to purchase 2 credits for the single vehicle license that is linked to the VIN of that vehicle so you can flash your modified tune.

Tuner
    it unlocked i tuned many ripps s/c jks just pull the file and adjust it then install it
    Jeep wrangler 2012 automatic, sprintex supercharger, 9lbs of boost, 4.5" lift, fox 2.5 internal bypass shocks, 4.88 gears, 37" tires,

Ford Mustang Shelby gt350 2017, airraid air filter, jlt catch-can,

Potential Tuner
    you might need to adjust your STFT LTFT as it might be that your trims are beyond 25% and that triggers the check engine

Advanced Tuner
    The supplied RIPP tunes are junk IMO.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning