Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TQ red. < driver demand listed in Throttle angle source how do I correct?

TQ red. < driver demand listed in Throttle angle source how do I correct?

I am getting torque reduction because these two source errors. TQ red. < driver demand listed in Throttle angle source and Driver Demand Limit Source lists insufficient fuel flow. Does TQ red. an abbreviation for Torque required or Torque reduction? What causes the Insufficient fuel flow. What do I need to look at to correct?

Tuner in Training
    Post log and tune to get help
    Lower the driver demand table , be sure to log tb angle, and throttle pedal pid on scanner. Depending on actual Tb angle may actually exit op and or pe depending on vehicle. Throwing darts without log and tune

Here is the log file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    ck your pm's
    Knows just enough to be dangerous......

Tuner in Training
    is actually going lean looks like there is a fuel delivery issue. trims rise and cant make target af
    need tune file and combo

Advanced Tuner
    With the insufficient fuel flow, that's typically running out of fuel (ie. injector or pump), but with your setup on pump gas, extremely unlikely.

Kris

I lowered the cylar multiplier and things got worse. So I went back to my other maf curve and raised the cylar multiplier to 1.75 and it got better. Ended up going all the way to 1.9 And the insufficient fuel flow shows up for about 200rpm and then goes away. From my understanding you don't normally have to raise the multiplier unless the car is boosted. What table do I need to look into to correct?

Tuner in Training
    stock throttle body?

Advanced Tuner
    I am having the exact same issue, second car its happened on, still cant find a fix.

2017 MT-82 Mustang
    18 Mani w/imrc deletes
    cat deletes
    all else stock

93 pump

best "fix" was returning to stock cal, unplugging battery for 10 mins and rewriting the currrent tune. Fixed DD/TB issue but didnt fix it staying stuck at stoich during wot.

Senior Tuner
    The mapped points are indicating your IMRC are staying closed. your engine brake torque ends up 50ftlb less than requested, IPC corrects until requested torque matches engine torque. Make sure under TQ model-loss-pumping you have made the coefficients for open and closed the same as the open ones if you have locked your IMRC open. That way your get a proper engine brake torque value and don't have it running into false limits and safe guards.

Advanced Tuner
    Agreed, your Mapped Point configuration is backwards as to what you want for IMRC delete. Also, review your IMRC tab to insure all proper tables are adjusted for IMRC delete.

Kris

Senior Tuner
    Insufficient fuel flow is coming up as your MAP from SD is maxing out. The fuel pump can no longer increase rail pressure when the MAP can no longer increase, so Insufficient fuel flow is assumed.

Murfie should I increase map in that area of speed density? I changed the coefficient values on the closed model to be the same as the open model. It still has some insufficient fuel flow. Here is a datalog after changing the pumping losses to match the open data.

Senior Tuner
    What is done to the car? Its hard for me to make out if this is a NA setup with an over inflated MAF curve or a boosted setup with a severe boost leak.

MAP max above BP, MAP max vs airmass, and Calculated MAP max would need to be raised on a boosted car. If you are still NA and find your self needing to raise this, you have error in your MAF transfer or injector data.

It's an na car. Holley sniper intake Long tube headers, jlt intake.

Senior Tuner
    What injectors and what do you have entered for injector control section? Have you done anything to the fuel pump?

Injectors are stock. No fuel pump is stock.

I rescaled the maf and re-enabled point 14-21 and I no longer am getting the fueling issue. Thank you Murfie the MAF airflow was too high. As for the engine indicated torque its way higher than engine brake torque. Should Engine Indicated torque match engine brake torque?

Senior Tuner
    Well it depends on what conditions you are talking about.

Engine indicated torque/ scheduled torque is the torque the engine would make at MBT spark advance and lambda fueling in standard atmospheric pressure.
    Engine brake torque is the torque the ECU thinks the engine is producing, based on current conditions.

So as you can see they can match when the engine is at the same conditions for indicated, but at wot when you are detonation limited it is perfectly normal for indicated to be 30-70 ftlbs higher than engine brake torque, depending on your fuel quality.

ETC/ driver demand torque is your pedal input or what the ECU decides it knows better, turned into a torque request. for the most part, this should match your engine brake torque. Higher when you want to accelerate, lower when you want to decelerate. Mostly it controls pedal feel as long as its not way off and doesnt freak the ECU out with IPC.

Its a lot of looking at these three torques and pedal position, while making sure the ECU is doing as you were commanding not as it sees fit, and adjusting to make them follow the pattern you want. There is some need to keep the values somewhere around what the engine is actually producing as the algorithms Ford uses, or any OEM, are based on what they observed in reality and they are usually pretty accurate. So don't go trying to put in your driver demand that your NA coyote is making 500FTlbs of torque unless you actually have done some really extensive engine modifications. Remember its torque values not horsepower values. The closer to reality you can get things the better the engine runs, the better the transmission works.