Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G8 Gt TCC Sliping

Tuner in Training

G8 Gt TCC Sliping

Hello every one, its my new post , my car is holden Ve 09 6l80e stroker - PRC Head cnc 255- Fast intake 102 - cam - open exhaust, I get 481 Hp, then my tuner he noted the TCC slip was around 150 Rpm to 200 Rpm !! he tried to increase the oil pressure I get 495 Hp but still I have 50 to 70 Rpm Slip
    My tuner suggested to changed the torque converter but if I will change it will fix this issue ?
    note: I didn't hear any sound in my torque converter even my Transmission temperature is normal ( 80c - 90c ) degree

1.hpt - log4.hpl
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rayan_V8; 06-10-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Post tune and log file please... I have a G8 also...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Post tune and log file please... I have a G8 also...
    thanks for answering, I didn't have now its with my tuner
    I hope for some one he Know my problem

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayan_V8 View Post
    thanks for answering, I didn't have now its with my tuner
    I hope for some one he Know my problem
    Ask him to send you a copy of the files. That way, someone can see what if anything can be changed in the file. That pic you posted, the circle went thru one value I would like to see. Get a copy of the files, please.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    I fixed the problem, I changed new stock torque converter after that no slip
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    for some reason GM has been configuring slip into the tcc for years, but when you switch to tapshift mode it seems to eliminate it via either bumping the tcc pressure up or disabling whatever stupid shitty code they are using to randomly slip the converter.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    for some reason GM has been configuring slip into the tcc for years, but when you switch to tapshift mode it seems to eliminate it via either bumping the tcc pressure up or disabling whatever stupid shitty code they are using to randomly slip the converter.
    This.

In the cal there is an allowed TCC slip rpm, and I believe there was one for 8 cyl and another one for DOD mode. It will allow up to this rpm of slip, it is for smoother driveability (eliminating any fishbite or chuggle feel) especially at low rpm/low load. I put desired slip to 0.

You said a new converter stopped the slipping but I would still check the cal to see if it is set to allow any slip. To me, slip=wear=clutch particles floating around in the system. I wouldn't get any of this chuggle anyways, as I have changed shift speeds and TCC operation so I will NEVER be in 5th gear, with TCC applied, at some ridiculously low 25 mph/1000 rpm or whatever the stock cal allowed.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSure View Post
    This.

In the cal there is an allowed TCC slip rpm, and I believe there was one for 8 cyl and another one for DOD mode. It will allow up to this rpm of slip, it is for smoother driveability (eliminating any fishbite or chuggle feel) especially at low rpm/low load. I put desired slip to 0.

You said a new converter stopped the slipping but I would still check the cal to see if it is set to allow any slip. To me, slip=wear=clutch particles floating around in the system. I wouldn't get any of this chuggle anyways, as I have changed shift speeds and TCC operation so I will NEVER be in 5th gear, with TCC applied, at some ridiculously low 25 mph/1000 rpm or whatever the stock cal allowed.
    UP

still I have slip in second and third gear around 250 - 500 RPM but in the fourth gear around 10 RPM , I don't know if something in TCM or clutch particles floating around in the system !! , did you face like this issue before ?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    In your attached picture it looks like the TCC is not being commanded on. The "TCC Slip" PID will show a number always, whether the TCC is on or off.

Tuner in Training
    This.

Hello
    I did it 0 slip in the desired
    I Have the file and data log if you want to check
    thanks

Tuner in Training
    In your attached picture it looks like the TCC is not being commanded on. The "TCC Slip" PID will show a number always, whether the TCC is on or off.
    I don't think so its fake number, I feel my acceleration its to bad specially in high RPM

Tuner in Training
    1.hpt - log4.hpl

kindly, open the tuner file and run log

Maybe it's related but you have the TCC disabled for 1-3 gears and it's set to lock in 4th. So to me it makes sense to have a reported slip when it's not being told to lock up. Try setting the calibration to allow for lock up in 3rd and see if the numbers change.

Aside from that, the transmission tune could be better if you ask me. Still has pretty low shift times and the pressure as well as pressure preset settings could for sure be tweaked to give a much cleaner/crisper part throttle/medium throttle shifting.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    The TCC slip PID is just a calculation, it is the difference between engine rpm and trans input shaft rpm. Don't worry about what it says when you are not applying the TCC, only when the TCC is applied. 5FDP is right, you don't have it applying in 3rd. There's nothing wrong with that unless you want it to. I disabled TCC in all but 5th and 6th, just my preference. Also, your TCC Pressure/Regulator Offset is at 184 kpa, same as mine stock, and it would slip with that offset even when I zero'd out the desired slip charts. Just not enough pressure.

Edit. Just looked at your log and you are not logging TCC Line Pressure. This is where you will know if it is trying to apply the TCC. It will be zero when the TCC is commanded off (and you will show TCC slip). Only consider the TCC Slip number when you have TCC Line Pressure. Also I would not worry about +/- a few rpm of TCC slip, such as +/- 5?, as that can be just calculation errors based on rate of data delivery.
    Last edited by NotSure; 06-12-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Maybe it's related but you have the TCC disabled for 1-3 gears and it's set to lock in 4th. So to me it makes sense to have a reported slip when it's not being told to lock up. Try setting the calibration to allow for lock up in 3rd and see if the numbers change.

Aside from that, the transmission tune could be better if you ask me. Still has pretty low shift times and the pressure as well as pressure preset settings could for sure be tweaked to give a much cleaner/crisper part throttle/medium throttle shifting.
    Thanks for your advised, can you look my file tune and run log ? thanks

Tuner in Training
    The TCC slip PID is just a calculation, it is the difference between engine rpm and trans input shaft rpm. Don't worry about what it says when you are not applying the TCC, only when the TCC is applied. 5FDP is right, you don't have it applying in 3rd. There's nothing wrong with that unless you want it to. I disabled TCC in all but 5th and 6th, just my preference. Also, your TCC Pressure/Regulator Offset is at 184 kpa, same as mine stock, and it would slip with that offset even when I zero'd out the desired slip charts. Just not enough pressure.

Edit. Just looked at your log and you are not logging TCC Line Pressure. This is where you will know if it is trying to apply the TCC. It will be zero when the TCC is commanded off (and you will show TCC slip). Only consider the TCC Slip number when you have TCC Line Pressure. Also I would not worry about +/- a few rpm of TCC slip, such as +/- 5?, as that can be just calculation errors based on rate of data delivery.

Thank you NotSure for your advised and good answer, I will discuses with you step by step:

1-
    5FDP is right, you don't have it applying in 3rd
    where is the table for the 3rd edit you mean ?

2-
    Also, your TCC Pressure/Regulator Offset is at 184 kpa, same as mine stock
    its really stock , but how much should be this value ? you have rate target ?

3-
    Also I would not worry about +/- a few rpm of TCC slip, such as +/- 5?
    +/- 5 its fine not issue, but my consider is 2ed and 3rd its too slip

Thanks

ECM table 15200. That is the apply/release normal speed table. The settings in there are telling the transmission to either not use lock up or use lock up. Gears 1-3 are set to a max value of 318mph, so it will never lock. You'd change both the lock up and release speeds if you want it to lock in 3rd gear.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    The TCC slip PID is just a calculation, it is the difference between engine rpm and trans input shaft rpm. Don't worry about what it says when you are not applying the TCC, only when the TCC is applied.

Edit. Just looked at your log and you are not logging TCC Line Pressure. This is where you will know if it is trying to apply the TCC. It will be zero when the TCC is commanded off (and you will show TCC slip). Only consider the TCC Slip number when you have TCC Line Pressure.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    ECM table 15200. That is the apply/release normal speed table. The settings in there are telling the transmission to either not use lock up or use lock up. Gears 1-3 are set to a max value of 318mph, so it will never lock. You'd change both the lock up and release speeds if you want it to lock in 3rd gear.
    Capture22.PNG

thanks for clear advice, if I did the max value same its mean no more slip in the 3rd gear ?
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    NotSure

I did it

Also, your TCC Pressure/Regulator Offset is at 184 kpa, same as mine stock
    its really stock , but how much should be this value ? you have performance rate target ?
    Last edited by Rayan_V8; 06-12-2019 at 09:34 PM.