Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G8 Gt TCC Sliping

Quote Originally Posted by Rayan_V8 View Post
    Attachment 90651

thanks for clear advice, if I did the max value same its mean no more slip in the 3rd gear ?
    Thanks
    No, nothing will change with those settings. It will be exactly the same.

If you wanted the converter to lock in 3rd gear you'd have to change the values to be like 4th gear. The values are generally less than what you see for 4th gear. You may even be able to look at the stock tune file to see what those settings are.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    No, nothing will change with those settings. It will be exactly the same.

If you wanted the converter to lock in 3rd gear you'd have to change the values to be like 4th gear. The values are generally less than what you see for 4th gear. You may even be able to look at the stock tune file to see what those settings are.
    Hello

I installed circle D 3200, I tried to fix the slip and TCC tune but still !

A high stall converter will slip more, not less than a stock converter, thats how they're designed.

And personally I'd be more concerned about the knock in that log file rather than the converter slip.
    Last edited by Xjas; 06-17-2019 at 06:46 AM.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjas View Post
    A high stall converter will slip more, not less than a stock converter, thats how they're designed.

And personally I'd be more concerned about the knock in that log file rather than the converter slip.
    interesting !! the high stall TC more slip stock TC ? but when I tested at dyno with no TCC slip I increased around 30 Hp by increased the TCC pressure
    Last edited by Rayan_V8; 06-19-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Sorry, I thought you were refering to the torque converter slipping rather than the torque converter clutch, my mistake.

Were you locking the TCC clutch on a stock converter at WOT with that power? no wonder it was slipping.
    Is you new converter a triple disc thats designed to be locked at WOT?
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, I thought you were refering to the torque converter slipping rather than the torque converter clutch, my mistake.

Were you locking the TCC clutch on a stock converter at WOT with that power? no wonder it was slipping.
    Is you new converter a triple disc thats designed to be locked at WOT?
    IMG_1449.jpg

Hello XJas, No its fine, I just try to get the lock up point in 5500 rpm instead of current RPM 5200 !! I don't like my drop now after 5900 RPM !!
    After I increased the tcc pressure around 20 Psi more I gained 25 hp but still I didn't get my power range and nice curve
    I think if I fix the lock up I will gain more hp and the curve will be rise
    where is the table response for change for this command ? WOT or TUDE ? and what the difference between them ? sorry for my question am still new tuner
    please look my dyno sheet and HP in first post and advice me

Thanks Xjas
    Last edited by Rayan_V8; 06-22-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Do you have a log with TCC desired slip and TCC line pressure, that would make it easier to see what's going on.

While you will show more power on a dyno with a locked converter I think your power's not falling off at 5900 because of converter slip, judging by your idle vacuum and the way cylinder air mass drops off I'd say it would like more camshaft if your chasing more power. What are the current cam specs?

Tuner in Training
    Do you have a log with TCC desired slip and TCC line pressure, that would make it easier to see what's going on.

While you will show more power on a dyno with a locked converter I think your power's not falling off at 5900 because of converter slip, judging by your idle vacuum and the way cylinder air mass drops off I'd say it would like more camshaft if your chasing more power. What are the current cam specs?
    Hello
    I tried to log the TCC line pressure but I don't know why didn't work at all or value is 0 !! I sent now the log5 you can note that , even I did new Hp for lock up, but still I didn't loading in my car, please can you see it and advice ?
    regarding for my cam shaft its too big cam ( custom by motion ) ,heads and stoker 6.0 block, but what wrong for my mass air flow ? you mean full Throttle or Idle ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rayan_V8; 06-25-2019 at 01:53 AM.

Your TCC slip RPM looks to me like your TCC is not locking. Maybe that's why your line pressure is 0. You need to figure out why its not locking. Have you logged TCC desired slip to see what its doing?

As for your cam, what are the specs? Your idle vacuum is 83kpa, which suggests a pretty large cam but your air flow (g/cylinder) peaks at 5200 and the falls away towards redline (I'm assuming your airflow model is correct here and the g/cyl are accurate), a good high horsepower NA package will hold close to the peak g/cyl all the way to 7000 or higher. You MAP pressure is not dropping to suggest an inlet restriction, it looks to me like you cam or heads or exhaust are not up to the task if its big power numbers you're chasing, if its mid range grunt your after you probably have the right cam but its just not going to give very high peak horsepower numbers. My stock bottom end LS3 with heads and cam makes 485rwhp with a 4500rpm converter unlocked, seems like there should be more in your combo since you have more cubes than me.

Additionally are you still running the stock fuel system, if so what's you injector duty cycle? Stock injector would be pretty close to maxed at that air flow.
    Last edited by Xjas; 06-25-2019 at 04:25 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    you have no rev limiter other than trans torque management for shifts....

there's no TCC torque management

the TUTD converter clutch apply and release tables below 50% TPS show apply speeds less than release speeds. this has probably already cooked the TCC clutch before you get going.

a VE is nearly 2 ton and if diff is stock its 2.92 gears. and the stall is nearly 5000rpm. I wouldn't even attempt to apply the TCC at wot with that combo!

Tuner in Training
    Your TCC slip RPM looks to me like your TCC is not locking. Maybe that's why your line pressure is 0. You need to figure out why its not locking. Have you logged TCC desired slip to see what its doing?

As for your cam, what are the specs? Your idle vacuum is 83kpa, which suggests a pretty large cam but your air flow (g/cylinder) peaks at 5200 and the falls away towards redline (I'm assuming your airflow model is correct here and the g/cyl are accurate), a good high horsepower NA package will hold close to the peak g/cyl all the way to 7000 or higher. You MAP pressure is not dropping to suggest an inlet restriction, it looks to me like you cam or heads or exhaust are not up to the task if its big power numbers you're chasing, if its mid range grunt your after you probably have the right cam but its just not going to give very high peak horsepower numbers. My stock bottom end LS3 with heads and cam makes 485rwhp with a 4500rpm converter unlocked, seems like there should be more in your combo since you have more cubes than me.

Additionally are you still running the stock fuel system, if so what's you injector duty cycle? Stock injector would be pretty close to maxed at that air flow.

The fuel system is stock 100% and the fuel pump is stock and good pressure ( 56 - 60 psi )
    So what you think now the heads is not enough and match with my project?
    Last edited by Rayan_V8; 06-26-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong1990 View Post
    you have no rev limiter other than trans torque management for shifts....

there's no TCC torque management

the TUTD converter clutch apply and release tables below 50% TPS show apply speeds less than release speeds. this has probably already cooked the TCC clutch before you get going.

a VE is nearly 2 ton and if diff is stock its 2.92 gears. and the stall is nearly 5000rpm. I wouldn't even attempt to apply the TCC at wot with that combo!
    Your advice for wich one hp ? The hp1 or my tcc edit ?
    Thanks

Is that the @50 or advertised duration? maybe post a photo of the cam card. I'm far from being an expert but a cam with more intake than exhaust duration is unusual for a N/A LS motor. Was it spec'd to suit your combo?
    Do you have a full list of your mods?

Fuel pressure is different to injector duty cycle, you can have good fuel pressure and still be out of injector.