Thread: G8 Gt TCC Sliping

Potential Tuner

G8 Gt TCC Sliping

Hello every one, its my new post , my car is holden Ve 09 6l80e stroker - PRC Head cnc 255- Fast intake 102 - cam - open exhaust, I get 481 Hp, then my tuner he noted the TCC slip was around 150 Rpm to 200 Rpm !! he tried to increase the oil pressure I get 495 Hp but still I have 50 to 70 Rpm Slip
    My tuner suggested to changed the torque converter but if I will change it will fix this issue ?
    note: I didn't hear any sound in my torque converter even my Transmission temperature is normal ( 80c - 90c ) degree
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rayan_V8; 01-19-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Post tune and log file please... I have a G8 also...
    Daily Driver= 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Coupe (3.4 pulley, SD Headers, SLP catback, FWI, 180 t-stat, hotwired FP, Autolite 103's, poly dogbone bushings, solid rubber engine and trans mounts, self tuned with HP Tuners)
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat, self tuned with HP Tuners)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (On3 7875, LM7 build on hold)
    Truck= 1995 K1500 ECSB 5.0 5-speed (Dusty...)

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Post tune and log file please... I have a G8 also...
    thanks for answering, I didn't have now its with my tuner
    I hope for some one he Know my problem

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayan_V8 View Post
    thanks for answering, I didn't have now its with my tuner
    I hope for some one he Know my problem
    Ask him to send you a copy of the files. That way, someone can see what if anything can be changed in the file. That pic you posted, the circle went thru one value I would like to see. Get a copy of the files, please.
    Daily Driver= 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Coupe (3.4 pulley, SD Headers, SLP catback, FWI, 180 t-stat, hotwired FP, Autolite 103's, poly dogbone bushings, solid rubber engine and trans mounts, self tuned with HP Tuners)
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat, self tuned with HP Tuners)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (On3 7875, LM7 build on hold)
    Truck= 1995 K1500 ECSB 5.0 5-speed (Dusty...)

Potential Tuner
    I fixed the problem, I changed new stock torque converter after that no slip
    Thanks

Tuner
    for some reason GM has been configuring slip into the tcc for years, but when you switch to tapshift mode it seems to eliminate it via either bumping the tcc pressure up or disabling whatever stupid shitty code they are using to randomly slip the converter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    for some reason GM has been configuring slip into the tcc for years, but when you switch to tapshift mode it seems to eliminate it via either bumping the tcc pressure up or disabling whatever stupid shitty code they are using to randomly slip the converter.
    This.

In the cal there is an allowed TCC slip rpm, and I believe there was one for 8 cyl and another one for DOD mode. It will allow up to this rpm of slip, it is for smoother driveability (eliminating any fishbite or chuggle feel) especially at low rpm/low load. I put desired slip to 0.

You said a new converter stopped the slipping but I would still check the cal to see if it is set to allow any slip. To me, slip=wear=clutch particles floating around in the system. I wouldn't get any of this chuggle anyways, as I have changed shift speeds and TCC operation so I will NEVER be in 5th gear, with TCC applied, at some ridiculously low 25 mph/1000 rpm or whatever the stock cal allowed.