Thread: 5.7 hemi swap, 6.4 cam tuning

Potential Tuner

5.7 hemi swap, 6.4 cam tuning

Hey guys kinda a newbie here! I?m currently trying to finish up my 5.7 hemi swap in my 13 Jeep jku. I did an mds delete and added a 6.4 manual challenger vvt cam. I ordered a P5160105 mopar performance pcm that is unlocked! And was wondering if anyone had any info on where to start on tuning it before I fire it right up with a vvt 6.4 cam! I?m sure it would be okay to just start but don?t want to chance it! Didn?t know if anyone has ever done this time of tuning with this setup and was willing to help? Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    I just finished tuning a 5.7 charger with a 6.4 Intake, Injectors, and cam. Wasn't that bad honestly

Potential Tuner
    would you please share it with us to do compare

I work on the swap and begin with vct sttings. Just copy the 6.4 vvt settings with rpm - this maybe the basic.
    NN training value for cam.
    Torque based values should be 5-10% more.
    Shifting is 6.4 based.
    Injector rescaling would be the next while logging.

Tuner in Training

Did you get anywhere with this?

Quote Originally Posted by HemiTonjku View Post
    Hey guys kinda a newbie here! I?m currently trying to finish up my 5.7 hemi swap in my 13 Jeep jku. I did an mds delete and added a 6.4 manual challenger vvt cam. I ordered a P5160105 mopar performance pcm that is unlocked! And was wondering if anyone had any info on where to start on tuning it before I fire it right up with a vvt 6.4 cam! I?m sure it would be okay to just start but don?t want to chance it! Didn?t know if anyone has ever done this time of tuning with this setup and was willing to help? Thanks!
    I'm working on my 6.4 SRT as I replaced the CAM. Looking for as much info as I can get to assist with tuning.
    Thanks!
    Rich

Now Im not sure where to start with the spark table...

Is it a good idea to copy the spark table from the 6.4 non mds to get closer to the cam timing ?

No do not copy the 6.4L spark tables. Compression ratio and cylinder head CC's are different from the 5.7L. Its best to log the car your working on and adjust spark tables as needed.
    2013 Charger R/T - 1-3/4'' Longtubes, Catless Mids, 180 T-Stat, CAI, 6.4 Manifold Swap, 370whp@5600/411wtq@3950
    Contact [email protected] for Engine Building or Tuning needs!

Just to complete this thread....
    Copy over the tables is not the best.
    I use the rpm tables from the 6.4 but set the 5.7 values to the rpm bounds and complete it by myself.
    I do this even with the VVT settings.
    I corrected the WOT spark table by knock retard.