Thread: Long story...but now my throttle opens passed 100%

Potential Tuner

Long story...but now my throttle opens passed 100%

So I had a tune on my 2005 ctsv. Dealer destroyed my computer.....I got a new one from a 07 silverado... write the previous tune on it. Car starts, runs ok. BUT! Now I have the traction control light on and my throttle position will go passed 100% and it feels like I'm hitting fuel cut. Cruise control wont work. I used the scanner to see all this and have a log if anyone can help. I tried to relearn the throttle body but no success. I never had this issue with ths stock ecu. Nor with a stock ctsv tune. Please help

2005 ctsv
    Btr stage 3 cam
    Pacesetter headers

Tuner in Training
    Did you use "Write Entire"? I've had issues with OS# causing DBW issues.

Potential Tuner
    I just clicked "write"

Senior Tuner
    Even if you do a write entire there are 2 modules that HP Tuners doesn't write that have to do with the ETC. Those segments don't show up on the calibration details list but they do when you enter the VIN on Tis2web. Takes dealer level stuff to write those segments.

Potential Tuner
    I'm going to just re install the original ecm and try to connect to it with hp tuners. I really don't believe anything the dealer was telling me. I know the computer was still communicating . The anti theft system was not letting my car start. I'm no pro. I dont pretend to be. I'm trying to learn as I go on tuning.