Thread: 2019 Mustang GT A10 Vortec - Problem with P2119

Lightbulb 2019 Mustang GT A10 Vortec - Problem with P2119

Tuned a 2019 GT with a Vortec. All is well until P2119 is triggered. It happens while down shifting after a WOT pull. I see ETC FMEM as a the Torque source right before its triggered.
    To give a little more detail, if I dont brake hard after the WOT pull, it wont be triggered. If i jam the brakes and the A10 does its aggresive downshifts, it then triggers P2119 and the Torque Source: ETC FMEM causes it. Seems like its throttle related, maybe to much airflow during downshift do to the SC and hard rpm spikes from the aggressive downshift.

Havent found a solution yet. I know i have read some whipple cars have had issues with the P2119. Anyone have experience with this phenomenon?

Did you ever find a fix for the P2119 Code?

Thanks
    bad383ta

Advanced Tuner
    I used to get p2119 every time I flat-foot it. I lowered the max throttle opening rate from 920 deg/s to 720 and it hasn?t happened since. I believe the code is triggered when the measured throttle angle strays too far from the commanded throttle angle and Whipple was trying to move the big throttle blade at the same rate of change as stock. Fwiw gt500 uses 840 deg/s.

ETC FMEM I believe is failure modes and effects management, so that?s the result of the malfunction not the cause of it.

Thanks Mike, I actually read your post about this in a mustang forum last night.

Bad383TA

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I used to get p2119 every time I flat-foot it. I lowered the max throttle opening rate from 920 deg/s to 720 and it hasn?t happened since. I believe the code is triggered when the measured throttle angle strays too far from the commanded throttle angle and Whipple was trying to move the big throttle blade at the same rate of change as stock. Fwiw gt500 uses 840 deg/s.

ETC FMEM I believe is failure modes and effects management, so that?s the result of the malfunction not the cause of it.
    Do you have table number where to set this value? Or screenshot?
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    Do you have table number where to set this value? Or screenshot?
    "youtuber should know"...here you go "bud"

image.png

Thanks
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl