Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Changing Firing order from F150 to Mustang.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    Ford, just had to be diffrent. 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2. Was the fireing order of every V8, except Ford, and Ford had 2 differing one's.

Never mind the diffrent way Ford numbered the cylinders.

At least domestic V8's
    its just a mirrored copy

Tuner in Training
    interesting and informative thread which i was looking for !! i have a client 18 mustang 5.0 MT with a damaged engine so bad, i could not find a similar engine so i decided to throw the f150 without reading the facts, started the engine like hell missing and bogging, after checking my ford dealer parts application i found that all the engine block and internal are literally similar EXCEPT cams and exhaust VCT gears, i will follow up after i get these installed and see what happen.

Advanced Tuner
    That is all you need to make it run. Piston is a different part number, that gets you the slight drop in compression. If you run the mustang intake you don't even need to mess with the tune. I have a 16 truck engine running off of a control pack, using these mods the stock control pack tune is pretty well dead on.

I have customer that just put mustang cams in his second gen F-150. Obviously firing order is wrong.
    What all needs to be changed in the tune to make run? There is coil firing order, right? How about injectors?

Advanced Tuner
    That's a good question. The mustang cams are totally different. They are set up to use the mustang exhaust phasers which are timed differently. So at least those. You will have to repin the injectors, but the parts are the same. He would have been ahead financially to get a set of truck cams custom ground instead.
    Last edited by B E N; 10-15-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by B E N View Post
    That's a good question. The mustang cams are totally different. They are set up to use the mustang exhaust phasers which are timed differently. So at least those. You will have to repin the injectors, but the parts are the same. He would have been ahead financially to get a set of truck cams custom ground instead.
    Do cam phasers need to be changed to mustang to address that?

Advanced Tuner
    Intake cam phasers are the same. Exhaust phasers are different. It may be just timing marks but it may also be angle limits you will have to research that. I had to change the exhaust phasers to make the mustang cams work in a gen 2 f150 engine on a control pack.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at the way you spoke to people when you thought you were right. You misinterpreted some information from an expert and suddenly you acted like one. It 'only' took 3 pages of replies from more knowledgeable members to make you understand when it's literally Four Stroke Engine 101. I think you need to apologize to the good people of this forum for putting up with your idiotic and rude behavior... Even after that they still helped you.
    bump... I was typing this very thing out myself when I saw you beat me to it. Perfectly stated
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Advanced Tuner
    Why not just go ahead and reopen that 1 year old wound.