Thread: Jeep JK Throttle Tuning

Jeep JK Throttle Tuning

I've been working on getting my brother's jeep to drive more like it should, and I've been going through the tune looking for other changes I can make. So far I've changed the cam timing and smoothed out some of the spark tables that have to do with the cams. This has made a nice change in low end drivability.

Now, I've come across the "Feedforward Control" settings. These look like a limit to the rate at which the TB opens, and a limit to how much the throttle body can open at a given rpm. The Jeep feels stronger at low speeds with the cam settings, but the throttle still feels a little lethargic. Are the Feedforward settings a good place to improve pedal response?

Maximum Demanded Throttle Voltage.PNG
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by evolmotorsprt; 01-16-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Just as a follow up I played with the ramp rate and max demand throttle settings and it livened up the response of the throttle body. The Jeep didn't have much more to give at low RPM so there wasn't a seat of the pants difference, but I could see the response of the throttle body was improved at not limited as in the original tune. hopefully this helps someone.

Potential Tuner
    Did this change to the Max Demanded Throttle end up being a good fix to the off-idle transition? I have a problem with when I just want to barely ease onto the gas, I end up moving the pedal a good 1/2" before anything happens, and when it does, the Jeep almost "leaps" or "jumps". Not good when you're trying to ease around in a parking lot. I am going to try your scaling, as I noticed my axis started at 800 RPM, and my idle (at the moment) is around 680. So, I may not have been getting good feedback. I'm glad I ran across your post, as this is something that I didn't notice before!! BTW, are you supercharged or turbo'd?