Thread: Newb Dod delete question

Potential Tuner

Newb Dod delete question

Ok new to hp tuners just getting started hope I'm not beating a dead horse.Trying to turn off Dod on wife's Tahoe.Had trouble reading it at first because it was wanting to read.ecm and 2 other modules I believe one was tcm.So after messing with it and telling it to not read those other modules I was able to read and save the tune.Now before I write the calibration back I want to know if because I couldn't read those modules will I have an issue with the transmission or something by just doing a write calibration?Or will it just make the changes to the ecm and leave the other modules alone?Any insite would be great just trying to not screw something up.Thanks.

Ideally you want to read only the PCM and TCM and click do not read the FPCM (fuel pump control module).

When you go to write the vehicle you can uncheck the box for the transmission if you wish.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    When I tried to read the tcm it gave a similar error to the fpcm so I opted to not read it.i just wanted to make sure it was gonna just leave it as is if I write the calibration back and not delete the tcm settings or something.

What year is Tahoe ? 2017 and up with the T87A (8 and 10 speed) may not read until unlocked. 6 speed should read. You can forgo the TCM and it will be fine with engine only tuning.

Potential Tuner
    Its a 2011 T43 if that means anything to you.I believe a 6 speed.
    I will try to read it again and see what happens.
    Thanks for the input everyone.