Thread: MPVI Pro and MPVI 2 questions

MPVI Pro and MPVI 2 questions

Have a MPVI Pro and wanting to purchase a MPVI 2 and curious what is the best way to go about past tunes and future. I want to keep my Pro 1 and I think it is necessary to have that to tune the vehicles I have all ready done. What is everyone doing to keep track of what tuned what. Are you buying a separate lap top ? can the MPVI2 tune everything I have used the Pro 1 with ? I need the MPVI2 to tune some new stuff and older 7.3's I guess it's a good problem to have but looking for Ideas.
    Thanks
    Last edited by staytuned; 01-15-2019 at 11:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Tuner in Training
    I just upgraded to the MPVI2 from MPVI Pro. MPVI2 can tune everything MPVI can plus the new vehicles listed on the HP Tuner website. There is no need for a separate laptop as the software is the same. You will need to update the software to 4.2.12 though to use the MPVI2. Only reasons to keep the MPVI are if you are using the Enhanced I/O or standalone datalogging.

11.962 @ 117.14mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & stock tune - 2/25/16
    12.214 @ 115.22mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & EC V5 dyno tune - 4/21/16
    12.057 @ 115.97mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & EC V6 tune - 2/3/17
    12.067 @ 116.30mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, MBH headers, midpipes, X-pipe, & EC V7 header tune - 3/25/18
    11.844 @ 119.14mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, MBH headers, Quaalude midpipes w/Mag. cats & Vibrant mufflers, X-pipe, & Quaalude HP Tuner tune - 12/6/18

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Best to simply take advantage of the upgrade path...
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I have found this to be a problem. After upgrading software I can't open older files. I think it's best to keep an older version on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by quaalude View Post
    I just upgraded to the MPVI2 from MPVI Pro. MPVI2 can tune everything MPVI can plus the new vehicles listed on the HP Tuner website. There is no need for a separate laptop as the software is the same. You will need to update the software to 4.2.12 though to use the MPVI2. Only reasons to keep the MPVI are if you are using the Enhanced I/O or standalone datalogging.