Thread: Looking to Pay for E67 Calibration

Tuner in Training

Looking to Pay for E67 Calibration

Well, I welcome myself to HPT officially, as I just recently purchased the setup and credits at Christmas.

I have a factory 2009 Colorado V8 (5.3L), and am about to drop a 6.2L in its place. This is my daily driver car, so I need to get it done quick and be back up and driving. I have a an indoor 2 post hoist, cherry picker, forklift, etc... all available at work to do so quickly and easily.

Even though I just bought the HPT setup, I am looking for a competent person or shop to prepare a spare E67 ECM I have with a best-fit 6.2L tune file for me. I'm looking to be able to swap engines, swap ECM's, then start and drive it away. Does not need to be absolutely flawless, as by now having HPT I can do tweaks and such after the install, but this will be a time crunch window, so I don't want to learn HPT during this time. I want to learn HPT item by item after my install as to not be in a crunch to get it running for drives to work.

Truck came stock with an E67, and I have bought a brand new replacement E67 ECM from the dealership for it as well, not yet GM flashed. I want to keep my stock E67 with my stock 5.3L, together, in case the 6.2L takes an unexpected dump. I do have access to AllDataPro for wiring diagrams, Tech 2, and the latest PC based GM TIS2WEB service for reflashing if needed before I send you the ECM. Regarding the engine, I bought an L9H which I am putting new bearings, gaskets, seals, and rings into. I can build the engine up as the original L9H with factory VVT cam or switch to a non-VVT LS3 cam (basically then an LS3 engine with L92 truck intake that has the higher flowing E85 injectors). I could also acquire an LS3 intake and injectors so it can be nearly 100% genuine LS3 for ease of calibration if you recommend, but I'd really like to stick with the truck intake if you would be able to scale the E85 L9H injectors accordingly. Maybe buy original LS3 injectors in the L9H truck intake would make it plug-and-play?

So in essence, looking to have an L9H or LS3 tune file installed into my spare E67 ECM so I can swap the 6.2L in and drive away, with everything working in the truck as it is now. I think GM offers the E67 with the 6.2L as a 430hp or 480hp (hot cam) package, so maybe you could just flash that cal into my new E67 and done? Not sure it would work with the rest of my truck though? Also willing to do the L9H cal if VVT can be made correctly operational. 2009 5.3L Colorado did not have VVT, 2010+ did, I have a 2009. I can easily add the wiring and terminals to the ECM connectors, but I'd want VVT to work with spark changes and such as close to stock as possible. My searching the site shows some conflicting info on that using 2009 E67 operating system (enabling via HPT), such as limited VVT operation, and difficulty of getting VVT spark map to work correctly.

I need the ECM to work with the rest of my truck as it is now. Not sure if the GMPP LS3 E67 operating system / calibration can do that? Cruise control, dash gauges, BCM interface, etc.....

I will be using a stock GM cam, as I need 100,000 mile reliability, and though there are big gains to be had with most aftermarket performance cams, I drive this truck 25,000 miles per year, and need it to be reliable for family trips across the US. So, this is why I want to stay stock L9H, LS3, or LS9 camshaft. Aftermarket cams are aggressive on the valvetrain, and I don't want to be changing valve springs once a year, and drop a valve head from hard/fast valve closures after 50,000 miles.

Thanks in advance. Please let me know your opinions and how much you would want for this and what functionality I could expect to be working or not. I'm not looking for the lowest bidder, I prefer a higher level of competence. I have no problem paying for good experience and the after-support if need be.
    Last edited by OEMOBDII; 01-16-2019 at 10:10 AM.