Thread: Need Help with error codes

Potential Tuner

Need Help with error codes

Hello all,
    I am new to tuning as I have mentioned in another post. A little back ground... I changed out the CAM and lifters in my 2013 Suburban, put everything back together, correctly as far as I can figure. pulled the data from the vehicle and changed the DOD to off and turned off the DTC codes for the intake solenoids. My problem now is I am getting DTC codes for 3 of the ignition coils, B,D,F also getting P0106, P0300, P0443, and a P0507. I am at a loss as I don't know that much about tuning yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are getting that many codes, check the wiring and grounds on the engine block.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Is it possible to plug the ignition coils in wrong? meaning B into A etc...

Potential Tuner
    anyone?

What did you check?

Did you go over all the engine grounds, what about fuses?

If you are having ignition coil related codes along with misfires because of it, this is not a tuning issue.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply. I didn't find a ground issue, there were only 2 ground straps removed and they are back and tight. I didn't look at fuses, assumed they would be fine as the battery was disconnected prior to any work being done. I am at a total loss but will check all fuses this weekend and see if any are blown. Any other things that could cause this? I assume it is not possible to plug the wrong connector into the wrong coil as they all appear to have the same color code and seem to link together in the wiring diagram. Is it possible the old plugs could be causing the issue and need to be replaced? I meant to do that but it snowed and haven't yet.

Thanks again for all the help.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by weapoole View Post
    Hello all,
    I am new to tuning as I have mentioned in another post. A little back ground... I changed out the CAM and lifters in my 2013 Suburban, put everything back together, correctly as far as I can figure. pulled the data from the vehicle and changed the DOD to off and turned off the DTC codes for the intake solenoids. My problem now is I am getting DTC codes for 3 of the ignition coils, B,D,F also getting P0106, P0300, P0443, and a P0507. I am at a loss as I don't know that much about tuning yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You checked engine grounds let's rule that out.

P0106 is a fault with your MAP sensor
    P0300 is random misfire
    P0443 is a fault with your evaporative emission control system
    P0507 sets when Idle speed is higher than desired...usually at least 200 rpm high.

The P0106 and the P0443 could be caused by screwing up the cam/lifters change.
    P0300 can come from a variety of problems, but if the cam is causing misfire at idle, that would be the prime candidate
    P0507 could come from any number of issue...fault cal, vacuum leak, throttle body screwed-up might be places to start.

Do you have the factory service manual for your Suburban?

Also, what are the specs for you camshaft and did you properly degree the cam during the install?
    Last edited by Hib Halverson; 01-23-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    Hib Halverson
    Just Another Tuner in Training.

Potential Tuner
    Hib,
    Thanks for the reply. I changed out the spark plugs and checked all connections and hoses and everything is running perfectly. Thanks for the reply.