Thread: VIN Change In Used PCM

Potential Tuner

VIN Change In Used PCM

Im currently looking into programming a used pcm for a Hemi/nag1 to run my Hemi Wrangler swap. Im not a fan of the prices of the leading conversion shops and how they have cornered the market of having to buy a pcm from them.
    So... I have set out to program my own.
    Is HPT able to re-write the VIN in a Chrysler pcm?
    If not, aside from buying a blank pcm (new from dealer/unlocked from aftermarket) how do I rewrite the VIN.
    As Im a tech for Chrysler I have access to Witech/dealerconnect and dealership reprogramming, Im working on building a wire harness to run a few tests with a few damaged PCMs with dealership programs.
    Had a customer bring in a Chrysler 300 with a used PCM code mismatch vin. the tech working on it was able to change the VIN using our WiTech process, however when asked where it got the VIN since it was not manually entered he had no idea, and I could not verify the fix.
    Thank you, and sorry if the question has been asked before, I did a search and was unable to find the topic.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepSnR View Post
    Is HPT able to re-write the VIN in a Chrysler pcm?
    it is not.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Really!?. I just purchased my MPVI2 last week. The question I asked on the HPT contact tab was "Will I be able to change the VIN on a my PCM using the HPT software?". The answer I received was YES, so I ordered my tuner. I have no way to prove I asked the question or that I received a yes answer. I am so disappointed in HPT.
    Russ