Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any tune basics for the 65RFE ?

Advanced Tuner
    It locks up really early, and I don't like the feel of the "partial lock" that it does. Also, there are times while driving on the freeway that it will hover between locking and unlocking (or partial locking).

I looked over the tables and had a hard time making out what rpm values they were referring to. Nothing that I was logging matched up to those values (turbine rpm, output rpm, engine rpm).

Really I'm just looking for some tips on how to go about adjusting it, even if it's just what pids to log.

Banned
    Lockup/unlock is based off of throttle position vs turbine speed. Getting rid of partial lockup between shifts is a whole other ball game. Raise up your unlock to part lock tables if you don?t want it lock up so early.

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2011 RAM 1500 with the 545rfe. I realize the transmission is the same as 65rfe, but does this programming info carry over. I'm considering making a switch to the HPTuners from Diablo. Thanks for any and all info!

Potential Tuner
    I cant find the enable 2-3 shift anywhere under transmission on hptuners. Also under shift pressures it only shows duty cycle for upshift. There is nothing else to change under shift pressures.

Banned
    They probably didn?t map out the 2-3 shift enable or anything else for shift pressures.

Potential Tuner
    Who didnt map it out? Hptuners? Is there a way i can make it available? Sorry for the newb questions. I changed everything i could and it is shifting much firmer now just really want to enable the 2-3 shift

Banned
    Have you tried the Beta version to see if what you are seeking is available on Beta?

Potential Tuner
    Yea im on the beta. I looked under the regular version also and its the same.

Banned
    Sent you a pm

Potential Tuner
    2-3 shift enable/disable is Trans-shift general ECM 489

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JWM_Jankowitz View Post
    I did everything as outlined in Chad's guide. All I can say is WoW! What a difference. I did however also followed what someone was mentioning as far as a lower duty cycle to make it less harder shifting... All good but... got a MIL P0868 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Low (Pending, Current, Permanent). Can anyone help guide me how to fix this in my tune...
    Attachment 94646

Appreciate any kind of help here.

Thanks,

Mouritz
    change your max pressure ECM 15582 to match your max pressure lock ECM 10099 or vise versa

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Bear71, will certainly try that.

Banned
    I dunno about lowering the shift duty cycles and being soft on the clutches. I would be worried of slippage and burning them myself. Personally on my 68RFE I run true full locked shifts, lockup in 2nd and stay locked up all the way up to 6th and get more aggressive with duty cycle in the higher gears.

someone share a tune for 2011 please

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadias48 View Post
    Figured it out. I kept hitting the tcc lock right before the 2-3 shift I just raised the apply speed to 2200+ and it solved it.
    Which tables did you change for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    I dunno about lowering the shift duty cycles and being soft on the clutches. I would be worried of slippage and burning them myself. Personally on my 68RFE I run true full locked shifts, lockup in 2nd and stay locked up all the way up to 6th and get more aggressive with duty cycle in the higher gears.

Jim can that be done on the RFE65?
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRam View Post
    Jim can that be done on the RFE65?
    The full lock upshifts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    The full lock upshifts?

Yes
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Banned
    Yea it can be done on the 65RFE. The two transmissions have pretty much the same parameters, some are just set differently from one another.

Banned
    Can PM me if interested in it. Would come at price though. Chances are I would be needing to do a bunch of mapping out as I don?t have many tune files of the 65RFE and the tune would have to be locked. I?m not giving out open tunes anymore that have deep level customization.