Thread: LS1 in 72 Chevy pickup issue

Potential Tuner

LS1 in 72 Chevy pickup issue

I have a custom built pickup in my shop which came in not running well. Turns out the ECM had water intrusion so I found and replaced it. Programmed via ACDELCO TIS website and now. I'm getting several transmission shift codes but truck has a 6 speed Tremec. Is there a way to go into ECM and manipulate the parameters with a tuner? New to all this stuff so a little guidance would be awesome. Thanks

Yes, you could.

Is it possible you somehow flashed it with an automatic file and not a LS1/M6 VIN combo?

Either way the P01 computer likely has tons of files you can use the segment swap feature to swap between an automatic transmission segment and a manual segment to stop trouble codes or TM/Abuse modes.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    So what am I going to need specifically?

You would need to purchase the HP Tuners MPVI2 device, download the software/program and do all the syncing stuff required to get you registered for it. You will need to purchase the correct amount of credits to license that particular computer, then you can make the required changes to the file and flash it back into the computer.

An LS1 computer should be a P01 style computer and those are 2 credits.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.