Thread: 2017 zL1 A10

Potential Tuner

2017 zL1 A10

Ok so I have a friend that brought me his ZL1 and the rear axle was toast. It started with a twisted driveshaft that was replaced with a chromoly one.
    It killed the pinion on the axle and destroyed the gears. So we found him a practically new one (18 mile) and replaced it. All i well with the rear end now but...
    The tranny seems to shift wierd. He informs me that its driving just as it did when he bought it. The car was bought out of the Houston around the end of last year, and supposedly a pretty big outfit tuned it. It has the following mods:
    E85 kit
    Aux fuel pump
    Rotofab CAI
    Lingenfelter lower pulley (18% OD)
    TSP 2" headers
    TSP Stage 1 Cam w/32% fuel lobe
    TSP 3/8 7.82 pushrods
    LS7 lifters
    .660 PAC springs

So, I hooked up and read the tune and its definitely not stock, and the TCM is locked. So i reflashed the TCM in TIS2WEB ( I have dealer capability)
    and I ran the quick learn on the tranny. Nothing has changed. The car downshifts hard about half the time in the lower gears, and on upshifts too. Most noticeably is a flare or balooning between 3-4. Bear in mind this is under normal driving conditions. The couple of wot hits seemed ok. I have no codes on the tcm and everything seems happy in GDS. So i proceeded to take out everything in the torque management and torque model, back to stock and see what happens. Nothing changed. My level of tuning is limited so I'm not up to par on the newer stuff hence the reason for just reverting back to stock versus adjusting. From what I've read it seems tht it's possible the motor is making too much torque than the tcm is set for? If thats the case, then I don't understand why simply putting it in drive or reverse, its acting like a 1000 rpm hit when the idle is at around 575. The original tuner had the idle high even though theres no noticeable thump in the cam or idleing issue... I lowered it and nothing helped for tht. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I literally just tuned an almost identical setup about a week ago, I’ll pull open a compare file tomorow and see what I think

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Thanks so much Ben