Thread: 0411 swap vin/os match error

Tuner in Training

0411 swap vin/os match error

I got my tuning stuff in and have been having a hayday. I found a tune in the repository that should be pretty close to what im running. Question is that i cant write the file because the vin dosent match. I tried changing to my vin and, like i thought i would, i got the famous os/vin mismatch error. How do i get around this? Vehicle is a 99 tahoe 5.7 vortec.

You shouldn't try writing a tune from the repository. Different OS and whatever can cause problems. It also takes more credits than neccessary, what you want to do is license the file you pulled from your own ecm and make whatever changes you want, but always flash back a version of the same file you read off and licensed.

For using a tune from the repository you can open it as a compare in hptuners and then copy tables from there.
    1999 s10 blazer trailblazer edition nv3500 swap
    2006 GMC ccsb 4x4 duramax/allison

Tuner in Training
    Thahks for the reply. Thats what i ended up doing. The file from the repository had some different settings from my read out file. If i remember correclty they would have been of more value than than what i have but it will just have to be ok.