Thread: LQ4, swap, A/C issues engaging clutch.

Potential Tuner

LQ4, swap, A/C issues engaging clutch.

Hello, need a little help determining what's going on here.

I have a 1999 LQ4 swapped into a 84 monte carlo, everything running fine, tune is great. However it's time to wire up ac.

I have everything working as needed with the exception of the ecu engaging the clutch relay.

It currently says the following while logging:

AC Requested : Yes
    AC Clutch Engaged : No
    AC Disabled (Pressure) : Yes
    AC Disabled (WOT) : No

The Ecu is the stock 1999, 2500 sierra 6.0l p01
    I have removed the MAF with the Speed Density Enhancement, so the OS IS: 9373372 -> 1273008

The question is why is the AC Disabled (Pressure) Set to yes when the 1999/2000 trucks do not use the pressure sensor?

I can manually engage the clutch with the Scanner Controls and the relay is engaged as needed and the above AC Clutch Engaged turns to Yes.

I've read a lot about the truck and efan issues, however it seems to be all working on this setup except the odd pressure issue on a vehicle that didn't have a pressure sensor, just high/low switches?

I'll upload my tune as well. Thanks, Brad.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I had an issues while getting an old gm car to accept that it has a new ac system in it. My easiest bypass was to set the ac settings to analog. It knows you want the ac on, but it doesnt know how to command it. It seems that your wiring it right since you can command it on with the scanner. With cycling on its looking for pressure inputs from the switches.

System>A/C>Hardware>Type Fitted. Change it to Analog and not analog cycling. See what that does for you.

Potential Tuner
    Oh, that makes sense, I hope it's that easy. I'll try that ASAP.

Potential Tuner
    That did it, thanks for the quick and accurate help.