Thread: C5 With LS3 and T-Trim Vortech Running Rich on B2.

Tuner in Training

C5 With LS3 and T-Trim Vortech Running Rich on B2.

Hey guys my 2001 C5 with an LS3 and A&A T-Trim just got up and running...
    Idle needs help.
    B1 seems to be doing fine, but B2 is running rich. The ECM is trying to pull a lot of fuel from B2 when in closed loop but it still seems to be running terrible.
    The B2 O2 sensor voltage does move, but it's not cycling like the B1 sensor is.
    My wideband is installed in the B1 side and is reading 14-15ish... but that doesn't do me any good for bank 2.

I'll attach a log file (HPTunners).
    You guys think the O2 sensor is bad or is B2 just getting way more fuel for some reason?
    Maybe I should run it in open loop real quick and see if it still runs rough? (Might help indicate if the O2 is giving a false reading.)

​​​​​​​Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was gonna call a bad o2 until i seen the wot pull. still could be but i think it is going to be something else. maybe swap o2 just to rule it out

Tuner in Training
    Good idea!

The B2 O2 did eventually start to cycle (around 300-900) and it started running a little better (still needs lots of other tuning), but then every once in a while, it would climb to 800-1000-ish and the ECM would pull the short trims to like -20 and it would start acting up again.

I did hit the headers with an IR thermometer while it was acting up, B1 tubes were about 300*F and B2 were about 180*F. So either it's actually running rich causing EGTs to go down or the ECU thinks it's running rich so it's pulling fuel which causes it to run so lean that EGTs go down...

I will try switching the sensors though to see if the problem follows. That's a great idea.

Tuner
    Post your tune file, Which OS are you using? What map sensor are you using? You need to tune the airflow tables-(VE and MAF) with your wideband first, and you will need it for wot tuning. Then when dialed in you can set it back up to use the o2's if you want. B1 usually runs leaner than B2, that's why you run the wideband on B1.
    Last edited by MarcusMilner; 01-18-2019 at 10:36 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusMilner View Post
    Post your tune file, Which OS are you using? What map sensor are you using? You need to tune the airflow tables-(VE and MAF) with your wideband first, and you will need it for wot tuning. Then when dialed in you can set it back up to use the o2's if you want. B1 usually runs leaner than B2, that's why you run the wideband on B1.
    Thanks for the advice! This issue decided to fix itself. I think that B2 O2 sensor was a little bit "fouled" if that's a thing. I drove it for a while and got it good and hot, that O2 started working right. Now on to the next issue... doesn't like starting... I'll post a new thread for that though.

Thanks again guys!