Thread: Extremely sensitive throttle...

Potential Tuner

Extremely sensitive throttle...

I've swapped a 04 dbw 5.3 into my 97 k1500 5 speed manual, it's pretty smooth when letting out on the clutch most of the time but when you're just drive thru a parking lot barely giving it any throttle it will jump and lurch something awful, you have to just completely let off the throttle, it's embarrassing... I bought a reman PCM that's supposed to be tuned with a 04 stock file, rear 02s deleted and electric fans active. I used a pedal/tps from a 6.5 diesel, I made my own wiring harness/connector for it but I don't think that's the issue because it runs good the rest of the time. Any ideas? Thanks

You should be using a Pedal/TAC module from a 03-05 truck.
    You may have another issue because stock throttle tables aren't aggressive at all, on the contrary they are lazy and soft.
    Go to Airflow-Electronic throttle and lower Desired throttle area Normal, from 50% and below, this should help. Don't make big changes, modify 5% at a time and test.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

tune file would help. under power enrichment tab check your enrichment rate(ramp in). should be around 1