Thread: knock knock knock

Potential Tuner

knock knock knock

Hi guys!
    First a little introduction of myself. My name is Alex and i am from austria(europe). I am forty years old and i own a jeep srt8 wk1 till five years now. I supercharged it and made the tuning via email tuning and diablo. The result was not really satisfying for me so i ordered a mpvII tool! Its really a great tool with nearly unlimited options. I have read a lot of threads the past weeks about dodge tuning and played around with the tuning. So far so good.
    Unfortunately i run into a weird problem. Even with the stock tune i see excessive st and lt knock on the hp scanner. Even when i only rev the engine without any load!
    Pulled timing and reduced the sensivity of the knock sensors with no success at all. So i thought that maybe the knock sensors gone bad. Before ordering new ones i rechecked with my diablo tuner and surprise surprise no knock!!?? What causes this problem? Should i trust my diablo device or hp tuners?
    Any inputs are welcome!
    fine regards Alex

Potential Tuner
    I think i found the problem! I recorded lt and st knock retard max.. It seems that in this case vcm scanner shows the max knock possible!? Does this make sense? Now i set the channels to standard st and lt knock retard and all is as it should be! Matches with the diablo scanner now.
    greets Alex