Thread: 2004 Covette Radio and Clock Issues

Potential Tuner

2004 Covette Radio and Clock Issues

So I did some searching and found a few related topics but not exactly like what I am experiencing . When I data log my 2004 Corvette with the latest MPVI2 Pro the clock on the radio will reset to 1:00. If I leave the radio on it will make a pop noise and the clock will reset to 1:00. So there is my reminder to turn the radio off when I hear the popping noise. So I'll turn the radio off and the clock continues to intermittently reset. Now this does not happen on my other vehicles that I have data logged. I have data logged a 2005 Suburban and a 2003 Corvette and have not experienced any problems. Just my 2004 Corvette.All with stock radios. I have had no problems using the VCM editor only when I use the Scanner. Any ideas as to what my problem might be or any information about this subject would be appreciated

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Wiring issue would be my guess.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    update, my 2003 corvette will do the same thing when data logging

Advanced Tuner
    These cars are 15 and 16 years old. It has to be the old wiring, can't be hp tuners it's just impossible and it an easy answer.

Its not wiring, or "old wiring". Its hptuners screwing with the communications interface and resetting the clock, or worse. I've had the same problem with the radio on a 2000 regal gs.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff7577 View Post
    Its not wiring, or "old wiring". Its hptuners screwing with the communications interface and resetting the clock, or worse. I've had the same problem with the radio on a 2000 regal gs.
    I found on the corvette forum other c5 corvette owners using hp tuners MPVI2 experienced the same problem. They said they opened a ticket on the hp tuner forum but never followed up on the corvette forum with what they found out.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff7577 View Post
    Hey, thats what Bill said was wrong with my car, and it's only 13 years old.

Turned out the beta update fixed my old cars wiring issue. HPTuners is f ing great.

I have this exact issue plus others.....I find it hard to believe it has anything to do with stock wiring...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Guys the OP was having an issue with a 2004 Corvette but no issues with an 2003 corvette and a 2005 Suburban so its a pretty logical assumption it was a wiring issue. Not every little thing is a hardware/software issue on our end. With that said we are all human here and we do make diagnosis mistakes especially when its a single pool of vehicles. If I made a mistake here I'm sorry, it happens.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"