Thread: Scanner quit working (new MPVI2 pro upgrade)

Tuner

Scanner quit working (new MPVI2 pro upgrade)

Anybody know how to get the scanner working? After getting this from the upgrade last week, it seemed to work fine for one short datalog. Now the scanner no longer works. It connects to the vehicle, then when I start the scanner I can see the time on the bottom start scrolling across but no data whatsoever............Tried all the usual re-syncing, uninstall, re-install. nothing helps..........
    Last edited by ABADZL1; 01-22-2019 at 12:25 PM.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Potential Tuner
    Min is behaving the exact same way as you describe. Any ideas what I am doing wrong.

Tuner
    I'm not sure that you are doing anything wrong. But I have tried on 3 laptops and does as described above on all 3. I found an old Asus laptop in the closet that had been forgotten about and had not been powered on in over 2 years. I charged it and loaded hptuners on and surprisingly it worked. It seems as if only certain laptops will work. So, a high end gaming laptop with windows 10 wont work with it. Neither would 2 others with windows 7.
    I then took my tuning laptop with win7 and wiped it out and completely reformatted it. I was then able to make it work with it. But I'm not sure why this problem exist on only certain laptops. Support was helping me at first and said they had to turn it over to their engineers and I never heard back. Maybe you should give that a try and see what they say. You could have them reference my ticket as well since your not the only one with the issue. Ticket # 160530

Potential Tuner
    ive got the exact same issue, currently have a ticket open with support. let me know if you get any info or updae

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The most common reason for this, that we've found, is that none of the pids you have in the table display are applicable for the application you are actually connected to.

connect to the vehicle, repoll for available pids, then select pids that are applicable for your specific application.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    No Bill, not the case for me. Had no issues with the same layouts, channels, charts and graphs with my old MPVI1 on all the LS stuff I tune. You can check out my ticket if you like. They stopped responding to me.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
    No Bill, not the case for me. Had no issues with the same layouts, channels, charts and graphs with my old MPVI1 on all the LS stuff I tune. You can check out my ticket if you like. They stopped responding to me.
    I'm looking into your ticket now actually, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

If you don't hear back from our tech within the next 24 hours please feel free to email me directly regarding your ticket number so I can follow up.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 02-11-2019 at 01:58 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    what was the result with the issue on this mpvi 2?

Tuner
    Did you submit a ticket? If not, you should.

Potential Tuner
    i did, they stopped replying

Potential Tuner
    They replied to me. requested I hook up to a vehicle connect and provide them with an info log. I have been working 12 hours a day and I have had no time. All I know is it worked fine with the MVPI PRO and has never worked with the MVPI2. I had plans to accomplish some tuning this weekend and cant till this is resolved.

Tuner in Training
    Ugh. I have this issue as well. Did you ever get a fix ?

MPVI logged well. MPVI2 is quite the mess. I fear I should not have upgraded.

Ticket ID: 170129

Tuner
    I've discovered that the prolink must be connected to the interface to be able to get the unit to "connect" to the vehicle. Without the prolink, it will not "connect" to the ECM. If the pro feature set is activated. I don't think it's intended to work this way. Sending my interface in after I finish up a couple of tunes for people.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

I've discovered that the prolink must be connected to the interface to be able to get the unit to "connect" to the vehicle. Without the prolink, it will not "connect" to the ECM. If the pro feature set is activated. I don't think it's intended to work this way. Sending my interface in after I finish up a couple of tunes for people.
    Try resyncing with the pro link disconnected.

Tuner
    I have done that a million times. I have been working with support on this for quite some time now. My interface is glitching and they want it sent back. After I get caught up on some tuning

I have done that a million times. I have been working with support on this for quite some time now. My interface is glitching and they want it sent back. After I get caught up on some tuning
    So if I understand correctly everything works fine so long as you have your Prolink connected?
    I understand that shouldn't happen, just curious if I run into this problem you have discovered a reliable workaround
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner
    Correct.

Tuner in Training
    been working with support on this same issue they just quit responding …… all worked ok tuned about 6 cars on the dyno with the prolink plugged in. now if I plug it in the timer on the bottom starts ticking and no data at all. disconnect from the vehicle and it says Interface not found. have to power it down and restart the interface. disable the prolink and it all scans good. Getting frustrated High volume shop having to ghetto log the laptop and a wide band on dyno with video. Wishing we could have the MPVI1 pro back Ticket # 173071