Thread: LM2 what data am I seeing here?

Potential Tuner

LM2 what data am I seeing here?

I am working on bringing my LM2 directly into my USB on my laptop so I can switch it more easily between vehicles. Previously I have used analog and brought it in through the A/C pressure switch on my cars. I have it working, it doesn't dissapear as it seems to for so many, but I am not sure what the data I am seeing is. When logging it is reporting the AFR on the screen of the LM2, but in HP tuners I am seeing an ever changing 3 digit number followed by two decimals. (example 521.32) What is it reporting and how do I turn it into an AFR?
    Thanks, Roy

I'm in the middle of learning to "transform" my analog channel as well. I'm hoping someone will touch on this with good information for understanding channel transforms. AEM has significant data in there PDFs for the linear data involved but how to interpret that and apply it to the function part of channel transform.

I myself just discovered the Math Parameters Manager under Tools in the scanner. Basically where you enter a formulas to be applied to PID's so the analog data is applied to graphs and charts correctly
    Last edited by Guy With A Chevy; 08-22-2023 at 02:56 PM.

If your scanner isn't displaying Lambda or AFR You have to manually apply some math to get it to display as such. To interpret the analog voltage on the channel list you want to right click that channel you have and select the Transform option. That gives you a parameters page where you can either select your controller from the list or add it as user defined. You can select a default controller to copy as a scheme with the top right box option of the transform selector page you will see it populate at the bottom of the list. Where you can enter the controllers linear data which I have yet to learn to apply.

For my AEM-2310 as far as I can tell my function math for the (Input/X)+Y=Output is maybe .421 in the first box and 7.3125 in the second and from what I could tell it maybe worked?

I am still figuring out the correct math. Reference > VOLTS / (VOLTAGE RANGE/DEVICE RANGE) + (MINIMUM VALUE OF DEVICE READING) = AFR

If you can find the manual for your controller you can look up the slope characteristics. For mine it states to calibrate the device by comparing the analog and serial connection I will be trying this later this week.

Just found this as a reference for where to apply the formulas hope it helps

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...and-math-check
    Last edited by Guy With A Chevy; 08-22-2023 at 09:04 PM.

Ok so you have an Innovate wideband!!! excuse me for not even researching your device but it mostly applies.

This applies to you!

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-LM-2-Wideband

This link is a correction to my math shown and explains the values quite well!!!

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...and-math-check
    Last edited by Guy With A Chevy; 08-22-2023 at 06:12 PM.