Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wideband disappears when recording.

i just had this problem with my afx. thought the units analog out was fried so i ordered a ballanger 500v2 and same thing. opened a ticket, mailed the interface and pro set in and just got it back. they replaced the proset under warranty as the said it was the culprit. will be tommorrow night before I can hook it up and see. turn around was one week. they send a next day shipping label and return is also next day air. gotta say im pretty pleased as long as this doesnt become an common occurance
    Last edited by sportinawoody; 11-18-2019 at 09:00 PM.

I am having this same issue. I have tried both the PRO Link analogue input and a serial input but both disappear as soon as i hit record. Frustrated

Potential Tuner

Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Cobb420 View Post
    Same problem here using AEM 30-0300 on 4.4.4 (Windows 10). Once the channel is setup it will disappear when the log starts. I have tried to resync multiple times with beta and 4.4.4. The odd part is I got it to work on another laptop running Windows 10 on 4.4.4. The problem still occurred... however, after a resync (unplugged from obd) it was up and running.
    Finally got back into tuning again. I installed the latest beta version and still had problems even after resync and transforming channel. I deleted this channel and tried a new USB C cable...added a new channel for my wideband, transformed it and started logging. I can't believe it freakin works now. So to sum it up, try a new USB cable and it may fix your problem. *Also, I am connected to the blue wire which is analog 2*

I constantly get my Can based AFR gauge disappearing from the list, have to repoll. So not convinced it's really a USB cable thing. Problem is I dont usually notice it until later.

Im not really sure what causes it to disappear, sometimes small changes to something will do it, that small change may be something like reviewing a previous datalog, rebooting the computer, updating the software, or just one day WB data isnt showing up. In any case, repolling fixes it.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    I had a customer with this issue today. Every time he would add the wideband to the VCM Scanner channels, then start scanning, it would disappear. Turns out I had forgotten to activate his Pro Feature license on the My Devices page of the HP Tuners website. Once that was done it still didn't work, until he clicked Resync. Then everything was completely fine.
    Last edited by Tapout Tuning; 08-04-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (733 whp)
    2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing (716 whp), 10.750 @ 134.77 mph
    2016 Cadillac ATS-Vs (eleven ATS-Vs in the 9s)
    2008 Pontiac G8 (first G8 in the 10s), 10.727 @ 129.87 mph
    2000 Bonneville SSEi (first 3800 Bonneville in the 10s), 10.711 @ 125.71 mph
    1999 Grand Prix GT (first 3800 FWD in the 8s), 8.902 @ 154.90 mph
    1998 Firebird (first 3800 RWD in the 8s), 843 whp, 8.991 @ 152.12 mph
    1998 Grand Prix GTP (first 3800 FWD in the 10s), 9.499 @ 145.13 mph

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    when in doubt resync.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    What is the problem with this??

Potential Tuner

AEM 030-310 will not log ???? worked fine for 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by batsy74 View Post
    What is the problem with this??
    Im using windows 10 Pro, MPVI2 with AEM 03-0310 for 2 weeks approximately 60 logs without a hick-up! long story short...Saturday morning mine just stopped!!!!, I've tried everything to no avail! re booted, repolled, resynced, went back to a previous version of windows 10... still not working... anyone solved this ?????

Tuner
    I recently had the "disappearing WBO2S" problem, too. I run an Innovate LC-2 and have it connected direct to the serial port on my Toughbook runnin Win 10 with the latest updates. I've used this set up for years with the MVPI and the MVPI2 and now, all of a sudden when I went out for a cal session this week, I'd connect but when I'd start recording, "poof", the WB showed no data and it disappeared from the channels window. I tried, in no particular order, reinstalling VCM Scanner, restarting the laptop. Restarting VCM Scanner, deleting then reinstalling the layout, re-sync'ing and did all this multiple times. The problem was unchanged.

What fixed it was restarting the LC-2. That said, I don't think this is an "Innovate" problem because I've never had a problem with the LC-2 like this and, reading this thread, the problem seems to occur regardless of the brand of wideband controller. My belief is something changed in the latest release version of VCM Scanner.
    Last edited by Hib Halverson; 07-30-2021 at 06:29 PM.
    Hib Halverson
    Just Another Tuner in Training.

Advanced Tuner
    I occasionally get this with my LC1 but I have never had to restart the LC1. Just closing and reopening the scanner works for me.
    This has been going on since I first got my MPVI2.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gottogo View Post
    I occasionally get this with my LC1 but I have never had to restart the LC1. Just closing and reopening the scanner works for me.
    This has been going on since I first got my MPVI2.

I?m trying to log my scg-1 and I get these huge numbers instead of my afr numbers.

They?re in the hundreds to thousands?..

Potential Tuner
    Re syncing normally works, but I?m getting data in the thousands on my scg-1 and at like 100 on my lambda. Is there an equation I need to add to transforms?

Tuner in Training
    Anyone ever fix this?

Potential Tuner
    Same problem here.

Potential Tuner
    I'm having this trouble. All the X-Series 30-30xxx channels disappear when I start recording. I looked at the saved scan and those missing channels are missing from the data.

Scanner Version 4.10.7
    MVPI2 - resynced today
    2012 GM
    Screenshot 2021-12-17 091947.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-17 092019.png

lates firmware update, pro version here, problem
    i have ground and i have voltage going in the prolink
    no reading on either lates scanner version, beta or normal
    firmware updated on mpvi2 to 5.1.1
    09 Pontiac G8GT LSA conversion & cammed (HP Tuned)
    07 Trailblazer SS Cammed & Nitrous Fed (HP Tuned)

Potential Tuner
    Same problem?frustrating

Tuner in Training
    Plug in aem USB first, then the HP tuners USB after.

Add me to this frustration. I checked my account and it does show Pro. My issue doesn’t appear to be what Tapout Tuning mentioned above. In for any solution to this problem.

Edit to include detail of when it disappeared should anyone see a clue:

WB was showing without issue for the several times I've captured data over the past year or two. I was setting up scanner to try the blended tuning and decided to clean up the channels list by removing all. I repolled and added everything necessary. The WB added fine, but would disappear after I hit start scanning. In my case at least, it 'departed' after repolling somehow. I'm able to add it, but something decides it's not present maybe and makes it disappear?
    Last edited by cpd004; 09-15-2022 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd004 View Post
    Add me to this frustration. I checked my account and it does show Pro. My issue doesn’t appear to be what Tapout Tuning mentioned above. In for any solution to this problem.

Edit to include detail of when it disappeared should anyone see a clue:

WB was showing without issue for the several times I've captured data over the past year or two. I was setting up scanner to try the blended tuning and decided to clean up the channels list by removing all. I repolled and added everything necessary. The WB added fine, but would disappear after I hit start scanning. In my case at least, it 'departed' after repolling somehow. I'm able to add it, but something decides it's not present maybe and makes it disappear?
    I'm having almost the EXACT same issue as you except for the fact I am not logging to attempt "blended tuning." Running a 30-0300 AEM X Series gauge using a serial to USB converter adapter plugged in direct to the laptop (so there are two USBs plugged in at all times to log). Have tried a dedicated USB port and I have also tried running it to a USB c to USB 4 port hub. The wideband logging works great and then eventually just freezes. Firmware for the adapter is fully up to date and all possibilities of Windows itself (Windows 11) causing the issue due to shutting off USB ports due to power saving settings has been ruled out. Even tried it on a different laptop PC entirely and the exact same issue occurs. In most instances the reading on the graphs won't show at all and the channels PID drops out as soon as I hit the log button.

Apparently this issue affects many others and is not an isolated incident limited to myself.

A fix or some sort of solid answer would be great on HPTuners part.

Running latest Beta version 5.0.4 on MPVI2.