Thread: Fueling Help

Potential Tuner

Fueling Help

Hi,
    I have an '06 GTO with a forged bottom end and ported LS3 top end including Fast 102 with a Vring adapter to use the GM LS3 throttle body. The engine also uses a BTR Stage 4 LS3 N/A cam - All the necessary supporting mods are also in place. I could really use some help with my idle/moderate throttle fueling. I know by my logs that it's very rich and I could use some guidance on how to reduce the idle richness. I have tried lowering the maf and VE numbers but when I do the car will backfire a little through the intake like it's too lean at moderate throttle when I'm taking off. At the current settings I'm still getting some sputtering but the logs show the car is pulling lots of fuel at idle and commanding 14.12 AFR at idle - I know the numbers should be -5 or so not -18. I could use a little help getting this straightened out. I have a wideband which I'm going to use to get the rest of the AFR worked out once I get this. I've done some research but clearly I'm a good bit better with mechanicals than tuning. Thanks in advance to anyone who can/will help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm puzzled to why you wouldn't use your wideband everywhere. Put the calibration into speed density mode or MAF only first, then tune each without fuel trims using the wideband o2 sensor. Do all that and then re-enable the fuel trims.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Okay, I appreciate your help and your response so I guess what I'm going to have to do is to go ahead and hook up my wideband I'll have to look at the procedure I think it goes back through the AC plug and then I have to create my own parameter for it but I'll look at the procedure more closely and I'll get that going-again, I appreciate the input, thank you so very much have a good day!!