Thread: LS3 - breaking up at full throttle..

Potential Tuner

LS3 - breaking up at full throttle..

Car is breaking up at full throttle like it has an old school ignition problem, then it cleans up and pulls strong. Kinda hard to explain but here is what I have and what I have done....Have attached tune file and latest log using PLX wide band. Tune/Log is in open loop. Problem exists on bank 1 only as far as I can see.

495 HP LS3 new crate engine, e38 ECU, T42 TCM, 4L60E transmission.
    PSI Conversions wiring harness.

Replaced fuel module and verified fuel pressure steady at 58 psi.
    Swapped coils side to side.
    Swapped injectors side to side.
    Swapped O2's side to side.

At my wits end as to what could be the problem. Only thing I can suspect is an issue with wiring harness. Car drives great at part throttle. Only when you stab the throttle does it act like it's struggling up to rpm, then cleans up and hauls butt.....

Please help. I am ready to give up and sell this thing.....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TomM; 01-19-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Um, what happened to your open loop EQ ratio table. You know this isn't a GEN 3 platform right??

You can't setup up the table like that, it's not like a GEN 3 computer used rpm and coolant temp. This is rpm vs intake valve temp. No wonder it's commanding 12's when it should be asking for stoich literally 99% of the time. Any changes you made with the computer asking for the commanded values you have now are useless.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    What coils and plugs are you using?
    Are the dwell tables populated for the correct ignition coils?
    Also check the analog/PCM Grounds. I fought the same problem with an LS3 swap last year. It was a ground problem.
    That fixed all of his issues.