Thread: suggestions when lacking injector data

Potential Tuner

suggestions when lacking injector data

Much like the title suggest. I am planning on installing 1500cc injectors however the company only provides the latency /dead time vs volts. I am new to tuning and this will be the first time i tune new injectors, from what i gather the 4 main things to address when tuning new injectors are: flow rate vs volts, offset, short pulse limit, and short pulse adder. So my question stands whats a good starting point to get the car to run without washing out the cylinders? A little about the car its a 01 corvette, twin gt35 t4 turbos, a2a, 93 pump, 231/239 cam, stock heads. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    thanks,
    Chuck

The flow rate will be the easiest part, make sure it's correct for the fuel pressure you are running. Like if they are 1500cc at 43.5, it'll be higher if you are running 58psi.

The rest you may just have to swipe data from similar injectors to just get you close. I'm sure fuel injector connection, fuel injector clinic, deatchwerks all have some sort of data for 1500cc injectors that may get you close.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thank you for the advice, I saw on the injector website they say 142 lb/hr (1500cc/min) @ 60 psi, which is perfect for me. The website did provide another tuners tune with the same injectors however its a 5.3 motor with flex fuel. I have been looking at that and thinking of using just the fuel as a somewhat starting point. But thank you for the advice.
    Last edited by Igtabg1; 01-19-2019 at 10:39 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Igtabg1 View Post
    thank you for the advice, I saw on the injector website they say 142 lb/hr (1500cc/min) @ 60 psi, which is perfect for me. The website did provide another tuners tune with the same injectors however its a 5.3 motor with flex fuel. I have been looking at that and thinking of using just the fuel as a somewhat starting point. But thank you for the advice.
    it should be the same if the os is the same, but either way its all you need for the fuel injector,

keep in mind you can make it work without any data if the deadtime is off you will have afr fluctuation when voltage drop, short pulse adder is usually for short pulses width under 1ms as long as your injector doesnt operate at low pulse width you shouldnt have any problem

for the flow rate table new flow rate/old flow rate so let say old injector are 28lb 142/28= 5.0714 you would use this multiplier on the flow rate table to get it to work this is basically the only thing you would need to use

if you have issue you rich idle there are 2 tables minimum pulse width and transient min fuel qualification

Potential Tuner
    Thank you everyone for the helpful tips, i did borrow some data from a another car with the same injectors and same os. My car wont turn over, and i know its in the tune. I will attach the scanner logfirst start up.hplc5 twin turbo+1500SEP+first start P01_chngd flow rate_min inj pls_offset.hpt when i tried firing the car up for the first time with the new injectors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also i uploaded the tune from the first start up