Thread: 2006 envoy denali change to 58x computer system?

2006 envoy denali change to 58x computer system?

I have an envoy denali and and planning on doing an 6.2 swap. I want to move to an 58x system without relying on an converter box. Can i jist chamge the harness and the computer or get computer with harness and fuse box to change and do i have to get the ip harness aa well?

Thinking out loud here, you'd need the engine harness, fuse block, the BCM, a cluster that would work with that system or do some serious wire digging to make the 2006 cluster and dash functions work with a E38/E67 style computer. Even after all that it's likely many other functions in the truck will stop working like ABS/traction control and other stuff because so much had to be changed.

Seems faster to just swap the reluctor wheel on the crank and swap the cam gear so you can keep the E40 24X computer and be done with it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Thinking out loud here, you'd need the engine harness, fuse block, the BCM, a cluster that would work with that system or do some serious wire digging to make the 2006 cluster and dash functions work with a E38/E67 style computer. Even after all that it's likely many other functions in the truck will stop working like ABS/traction control and other stuff because so much had to be changed.

Seems faster to just swap the reluctor wheel on the crank and swap the cam gear so you can keep the E40 24X computer and be done with it.
    Ok ill have to just buy two converter boxes then. I dont want to mess with the crank nor trust anyone around here to do it?
    Also one more question. Do you know anything about malibu 3.5 engines? My friend has an 06 malibu without vvt but the junkyard had the nrw engine he got from them mislabled and i actually found out its out of an 07. Is there anyway we can make it work and just leave the vvt sensor unplugged? Is the reluctor different between engines?