Thread: 09 Charger 5.7 Cam Only - VE table not responding at idle

Advanced Tuner

09 Charger 5.7 Cam Only - VE table not responding at idle

2009 Charger R/T with a 242 duration cam in it with 7 degree limiters installed. Long tube headers and full exhaust. Otherwise it is bone stock. Currently the car has 2 issues.

At an 800 rpm idle the fuel trims add 32% fuel and once it does it then idles perfectly. I have tried with neural network on and off and it makes no difference. The VE table does not have any affect below 0.30 pressure ratio and as a result I have kicked up the ve table to 200 at the idle cells and it still adds 32%. Even with the idle cells reduced to 85 it adds the same 32%. Anywhere in the VE table outside of idle it seems to work perfectly fine and responds to my changes.

The engine is hitting a limiter at 4k rpm that I cannot locate.

I do not have the stock file for it, if anyone has a stock 09 charger rt file please do share.

I do not have my laptop to post the current tune will try to tomorrow.

Any suggestions?
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Tuner
    Does the VE table work at all in any rpm/pratio range? Ive found that some 2009MY cars will not use VE even if the NN switch is off. Im not sure if its a bug in the software or its not defined right but I havent had a single 2009MY vehicle where I could toggle the master enable for NN and it actually change from VE to NN. With that being said log injector pw and fuel mass, figure out which cell/cells its idling in and change that cell in the injpwVSfuel mass table and fuel massVSinjpw and see if your fuel trims change.
    Last edited by Scottyb_288; 01-23-2019 at 11:35 AM.