Thread: Tipout Limit Problem casuing throttle closing

Tuner in Training

Tipout Limit Problem casuing throttle closing

Hi all,

I had a 15GT with whipple SC. The kit run goods with my custom tune but had some problem during the shift after 3rd and into 4th.
    Then there will be a Tipout Limit happens and completely shut out my TPS. Anyone knows what to do? Spark torque ratio or Fuel ratio table?
    HPL attached.

Regards

log sc 2.hpl

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    look into speed limited, and track your MPH could be close to 125mph
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    look into speed limited, and track your MPH could be close to 125mph
    The actual top speed with this log is 109mph. My speed limit under speedo was set at 300km/h.
    Is there any speed related limit?

Advanced Tuner
    Your 3rd 4th gear driver demand needs adjusted. You're getting torque reduction through injector cut too. WOT lamda .85-.9 with stft around 25% lean. Posting the tune helps us help you.
    Last edited by Thatwhite5.0; 01-22-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Tune attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by speedjet; 01-24-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Your 3rd 4th gear driver demand needs adjusted. You're getting torque reduction through injector cut too. WOT lamda .85-.9 with stft around 25% lean. Posting the tune helps us help you.
    Yes, plus your are hitting engine speed limit, causing the injector cut. Your Lambda is all over the place during WOT and you have plenty of knock above 5k rpm. You should fix these first.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by speedjet View Post
    Custom-01.hpt

Tune attached.
    Your driver demand definitely needs increased. Add Engine Brake Torque and ETC Torque Request to your channels
    driver-demand.JPG

Change your Fuel Cut Torque Ratio table to 0 on the entire table.

There are a lot of things that could be done to improve your tune. Did you enable mapped points 0 - 12 or were they already like this for your strategy? You could run pretty efficient and much easier on 6 mapped points. Make those changes and try to get a better log. There's at least 4 different types of torque reduction on that little pull.

Tuner in Training
    Your driver demand definitely needs increased. Add Engine Brake Torque and ETC Torque Request to your channels
    driver-demand.JPG

Change your Fuel Cut Torque Ratio table to 0 on the entire table.

There are a lot of things that could be done to improve your tune. Did you enable mapped points 0 - 12 or were they already like this for your strategy? You could run pretty efficient and much easier on 6 mapped points. Make those changes and try to get a better log. There's at least 4 different types of torque reduction on that little pull.
    Do I need to adjust the Spark Only Ratio Table?

Also the mapped points was enable by me from 0-12 and OP. Do you mean that I should disable some mapped points to 6 left?

Advanced Tuner
    I change Driver Demand in the Spark Torque Ratio Table to 1.0.

I'm saying if you can get your torque/inverse tables calculated correctly. You can get rid of mapped points that are not really serving a purpose other than to randomly weigh <5%. You can get rid of certain tables and it have less useless adjustments. See the picture. I'd also change EVC on mapped point 7. to 10, 15 or 20 degrees
    mappedpoints.JPG

Your IVO will see max retard of 30*. EVC will only see what highest value in your OP table. Mapped points with IVO greater than 30* are useless and the mapped points with EVC greater than 20* are useless and the time spent on calculating the torque tables and spark adjustments would be unnecessary since the angles are not scheduled to carry any weight. They will weigh out only for blending into OP. instead of blending between 12 MP, you could keep the weight between 6.

Tuner in Training
    I change Driver Demand in the Spark Torque Ratio Table to 1.0.

I'm saying if you can get your torque/inverse tables calculated correctly. You can get rid of mapped points that are not really serving a purpose other than to randomly weigh <5%. You can get rid of certain tables and it have less useless adjustments. See the picture. I'd also change EVC on mapped point 7. to 10, 15 or 20 degrees
    mappedpoints.JPG

Your IVO will see max retard of 30*. EVC will only see what highest value in your OP table. Mapped points with IVO greater than 30* are useless and the mapped points with EVC greater than 20* are useless and the time spent on calculating the torque tables and spark adjustments would be unnecessary since the angles are not scheduled to carry any weight. They will weigh out only for blending into OP. instead of blending between 12 MP, you could keep the weight between 6.
    sc4.hpl

Same Tipout Limit happen.

Advanced Tuner
    Old thread but maybe it would help someone else.
    You reach tip out limit when you're decelerating and you reach the max torque you can decelerate to. Engine brake torque decels from 475 to -50, there's no more torque left to decay, you've reached the limit. You have to change up your torque tables and torque ratios, driver demand should be completely repopulated with some more torque through out and less torque in the RPM and Throttle % where deceleration occurs. Your engine brake torque is calculating way more than what you have scheduled on your torque tables. Torque Request isn't enough and you have a huge torque error. All this is 1:16 in the log.

You can not log this many channels, 125 to 150 channels is way too many. Log only the ones necessary and your datalogs will be much cleaner. I can't tell exactly where and what to edit with a log full of this many channel.