Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Stock 2016 Veloster Rally tune file here

  1. #1

    Stock 2016 Veloster Rally tune file here

    This is the stock file for a 2016 VT manual trans. I have a base worked up for raised boost and better ignition timing, but I will hold off to post until it is a verified good tune. Working with support on an error that prevents writing a calibration. You absolutely have to have an internet connection and have you mpvi2 connected to the computer to view this file, as the definition is linked online for the file, it is not included in the beta memory files. I have also included a stock datalog.
    Tim Stock.hpt
    Stock VT 3rd gear pull, 12 degrees ambient.hpl

  2. #2
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    60
    Too bad I do not have HP Tuners to view this with. Send me screen shots and I may be able to assist.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by trdtoy View Post
    Too bad I do not have HP Tuners to view this with. Send me screen shots and I may be able to assist.
    Torque general.png
    Tq Man Gen.png
    Tq Monitoring.png
    DD.png
    Boost.png
    Turbo 1.png
    Turbo 2.png
    Spark.png

  4. #4
    There are a few screen shots. Hopefully this will help you decide whether to pull the trigger or not. I think everything is there, I am just going to have to work on it to get that intermittent issue sorted.

  5. #5
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    60
    Many of the maps pictured need to be changed. Not sure about what's not posted if anything needs changed there or not. Also not sure what the OEM values were in the maps you changed.

  6. #6
    Those are all changed. Oem were way different than those values. Also, the throttle closing thing only happens when you shift really fast...if you slow it down just a bit it keeps the throttle wide open the whole time.

  7. #7
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    60
    If those were the only ones changed then you have not changed enough maps thus the cause of the cut potentially. The ones you have pulled up are not correct either. This being said, I can see a throttle closing only on a quick shift.

  8. #8
    Those are the only tables available for the platform right now.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by trdtoy View Post
    If those were the only ones changed then you have not changed enough maps thus the cause of the cut potentially. The ones you have pulled up are not correct either. This being said, I can see a throttle closing only on a quick shift.
    I have changed every table available that has to do with torque and load, and I have pretty much shown in the pictures what they are and what values I have input into them. I have moved numbers around in several different tables and the issue is still there, and can be duplicated exactly the same way every time. So it leads me to believe that there may be a few tables that arent yet available that are needed to resolve this issue. I can't change tables that arent there lol.

  10. #10
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by 95Gturbo View Post
    I have changed every table available that has to do with torque and load, and I have pretty much shown in the pictures what they are and what values I have input into them. I have moved numbers around in several different tables and the issue is still there, and can be duplicated exactly the same way every time. So it leads me to believe that there may be a few tables that arent yet available that are needed to resolve this issue. I can't change tables that arent there lol.
    If that's all the maps available to change opened up then yes, you need more to not have that issue and take power/boost/load higher.

    The maps you do have can be improved upon though.

  11. #11
    I changed some stuff today and the car responded much better. 20-21 psi from low rpm up to about 5600, then drops to 18psi st 6000 when it is shifted. Yea, the only tables available were what I had open on the pictures.

  12. #12
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by 95Gturbo View Post
    I changed some stuff today and the car responded much better. 20-21 psi from low rpm up to about 5600, then drops to 18psi st 6000 when it is shifted. Yea, the only tables available were what I had open on the pictures.
    You're basically at the limit on maps you don't have so not much left in it as is. Better bolt ons, higher octane fuel, better fueling, better timing, etc is all you can do now. It will chop throttle upon spikes much higher than current, and with lower ambient pressure/higher elevation, boost/load will be lower than it currently has.

  13. #13
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    60
    After looking at all the maps I'd like to say that you have all the maps needed to make a good tune for the car. There are some missing that would be nice to have but overall not needed.