Thread: Purchase questions

Tuner in Training

Purchase questions

I am interested in tuning my 2008 Chevy powered mini cooper (2011 chev cruze 1.4 turbo m/t powertrain transplant) Questions are:
    What interface and software do I need to purchase? price? What computers are compatible? I don't plan on tuning other vehicles.

Thanks,Cory

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    While I can't comment on what ecm you should choose I will say we only offer one interface, the MPVI2, which can be purchased here https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi2/ and it will work on any vehicle that is on our supported vehicle list.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Bill-

I can't PM you so...

Who does media relations at HPT these days. I used to go though Jay Payson but he doesn't answer emails. Then there was another guy but I called him, today, and he no longer works for HPT.

Please PM me with the info, if you could, please.
    Hib Halverson
    Just Another Tuner in Training.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hib Halverson View Post
    Bill-

I can't PM you so...

Who does media relations at HPT these days. I used to go though Jay Payson but he doesn't answer emails. Then there was another guy but I called him, today, and he no longer works for HPT.

Please PM me with the info, if you could, please.
    Hib please email me at bill at hptuners.com and I'll forward your information to our marketing dept so they can get in contact with you.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    While I can't comment on what ecm you should choose I will say we only offer one interface, the MPVI2, which can be purchased here https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi2/ and it will work on any vehicle that is on our supported vehicle list.
    Cruze pcm E78

Tuner in Training
    Please break down the pricing. Do any credits come with the interface and software? Thanks

Software can be downloaded by anyone, that is no cost.

It comes with no credits, you need to purchase the correct amount of credits for whatever vehicle/controller you are trying to license. It's probably 2 credits for that E78 computer but double check the supported vehicles list.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the reply!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Software can be downloaded by anyone, that is no cost.

It comes with no credits, you need to purchase the correct amount of credits for whatever vehicle/controller you are trying to license. It's probably 2 credits for that E78 computer but double check the supported vehicles list.