Thread: What afr meters are you guys using?

Tuner in Training

What afr meters are you guys using?

What afr meters do you guys like? I?ve seen the on hptuners sells, the innovative lm2 and the Daytona set up the Tunning school sells. I?ve also seen the aem but I?m probably going to be dealing with a lot of pre can bus vehicles. Is there any difference in quality of these meters?

Do some searching I'm sure you'll find lots of threads about this.

Almost all of them use the same 4.9LSU sensor now so it's all about looks and preference. The AEM's are hard to beat for how easy they are to use and setup.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ok cool, so as long as they?re all good quality is the main thing I?m looking at. I can figure out setup. Thank you for your input.

After using and complaining about Innovative LC-1s for years, I switched to https://www.14point7.com/products/sp...a-controller-2 and haven't looked back. Dead on when tested with test gas, and never needs calibrating. JMHO.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Tuner in Training
    For a consumer grade meter the Ballenger AFR500 v2 is an excellent choice.

https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pr...oducts_id/2337

I just bought the PLX. Havent hooked it up yet, but am planning to use it's simulated narrow band out so I don't have to weld a new bung into the exhaust. For now exhaust is stock and there is zero room on the 06 GTO to add another O2 sensor pre-cat on either bank

Tuner
    I switched from Daytona to AEM's. Had nothing but trouble with Daytona. AEM's great and has an analog output for AFR and boost.

Advanced Tuner
    AEM. Can't go wrong. Simple hook-up and set-up.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Billf6531 View Post
    After using and complaining about Innovative LC-1s for years, I switched to https://www.14point7.com/products/sp...a-controller-2 and haven't looked back. Dead on when tested with test gas, and never needs calibrating. JMHO.
    I am looking at running their spartan 3 setup and jrp gauges, still happy with them?

Absolutely. When I bought it, I was anxious due the the poor performance of the LC-1, so I called Alan (the developer) and question him regarding accuracy. He said he would test the 2 units he would send me with test gas, and supply the test result. The performance on the worst unit was .003% error. Can't improve on that, especially with no calibration required, and very inexpensive as well.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Potential Tuner
    Can the spartan unit be connected to the mpvi3 for data logging?

Quote Originally Posted by kowclub173 View Post
    Can the spartan unit be connected to the mpvi3 for data logging?
    Yes, with the Prolink+ adapter.
    Best regards,
    Bill