Thread: new tuner question

Potential Tuner

new tuner question

hey guys messing with a 17 f-250 6.2. looking in the fuel>general> stoich AFR is this what the computer is trying to reach instead of 14.7?

14.7 is if the fuel had no ethanol in it. Most vehicles nowadays show a sloped stoich table or a table that is around 14.1 or 14.2 because most pumps have E10 in them.

If the table is sloped from say 14.7 down to 9.0 it could be because it's a flex fuel vehicle and as the alcohol % rises the stoich value goes down.

Without seeing the file or a screen shot that is off the top of my head. Side note, outside of some sort of power enrichment/cat over temp protection or whatever else the computer will want to achieve stoich at all times.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    if I could figure out how to screenshot it I would send one. its not a table its just a box with 14.08 as the setting right now

Oh I see, then yes that is what your stoich is always commanding.

I used to the GM side on the newer controllers where it's a whole table instead of just one box. The older GM controllers used just a box as well for stoich too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    awesome thank you