Thread: Cts-v idle issue after ported blower

Tuner in Training

Cts-v idle issue after ported blower

Let me start by saying that I am not a tuner. I am a beginner and i?m just trying to figure out if i have an issue after i installed the blower and started the car to check for any leaks. The car has some trouble starting which is to be expected with the fuel and air being off and I will have it re tuned in the spring when i take the car out of storage.

The issue I am seeing that concerns me is the car is showing 14-16 pounds of boost at idle in scanner. The stock boost guage is still saying zero on the dash. Before the port work in scanner it would show negative ranges. Is this just a glitch or do i need to look at other issues. The boost bypass valve appears to be functioning correctly.

Post the log.

I doubt it would even idle at all or even properly if the MAP sensor was reading 160+ kpa.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ill post the log in the morning when i get back on my laptop. Unfortunately the map sensor is showing 140+ kpa lol. Hoping its just a bad sensor. I had to increase idle airflow and startup airflow for it to crank and start up on its own without me giving it gas.

Tuner in Training
    Solved the issue. I accidently flip flopped the 2 sensors on the lid when i got it back from powdercoat. Make sure the red map goes toward the firewall!!!!!!!