Thread: User Defined Definition Area

User Defined Definition Area

Is it possible for you guy's to implement an "info" window at the bottom of the window much like you have in the editor when you hover over a parameter it gives you a definition of what that parameter does? I've applied definitions to most all the parameters I map out but sometimes the "bubble" isn't large enough to display the full title for said parameter and hovering over it with our description would be a huge benefit.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Is it possible for you guy's to implement an "info" window at the bottom of the window much like you have in the editor when you hover over a parameter it gives you a definition of what that parameter does? I've applied definitions to most all the parameters I map out but sometimes the "bubble" isn't large enough to display the full title for said parameter and hovering over it with our description would be a huge benefit.
    That and being able to resize the window would be awesome.

And being able to use patches.

The software has gone through huge improvements over the last 2 years or so, but needs to move on and evolve out of the Microsoft Excel type architecture.

Don't get me wrong, it is still#1 in my book but bringing the GUI out of that type of structure and into a more modern one would be huge.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

support this +1
    NotoriouSS TAD
    DATLS7N 73' Datsun 620 LS7/HNC/TR6060/4.10/T2/2450lbs/603RWHP
    J5 - 96' Impala SS - 4700lb autocross machine
    Langston - 96' Caprice 9C1 Beater
    Rosie - 67' El Co - race truck w/ plates
    Wall-E - 21' Tesla Model 3P

Can you post some screenshots with some circles/etc.. highlighting what you're looking for?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    YES !!!! I agree with those comments. Please!!!

Tuner in Training
    Yes, please!!

The above is a big one, description pulled from XDF into the lower portion just like HPT mapped tables. While you're at it put the min/max possible value in the description window also.

To add to the above:

-Display axis labels/units listed in the XDF definition
    -Option for 3D model/display of tables user defined
    -Allow compare file (obviously would need to be the same OS so memory locations of tables match up)
    -When editing values inside the tables allow precision +/- adjustments based on resolution like normal tables in HPT, Currently all adjustments are 1.0+/-

Those things would make life much easier as is. Further options like having software auto-load the xdf files with a file for that OS and assign the parameters a location within the different areas of the tunes rather than all in one user window would be awesome to do in the future.

User Defined.png
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    patches are my big thing.

I cannot tune a vehicle without being able to load in patches.
    O&E Speed Shop - 2333 Aberdeen St. Kenner, LA
    EFI Calibrator - decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/tune.htm

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    patches are my big thing.

I cannot tune a vehicle without being able to load in patches.
    Yeah, patches are another thing I would really like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    The above is a big one, description pulled from XDF into the lower portion just like HPT mapped tables. While you're at it put the min/max possible value in the description window also.

To add to the above:

-Display axis labels/units listed in the XDF definition
    -Option for 3D model/display of tables user defined
    -Allow compare file (obviously would need to be the same OS so memory locations of tables match up)
    -When editing values inside the tables allow precision +/- adjustments based on resolution like normal tables in HPT, Currently all adjustments are 1.0+/-

Those things would make life much easier as is. Further options like having software auto-load the xdf files with a file for that OS and assign the parameters a location within the different areas of the tunes rather than all in one user window would be awesome to do in the future.

User Defined.png
    Bump!!
    ShorTuning

Bump
    ShorTuning

Tuner in Training
    +1

Would really like to see these features for user defined parameters. I'm using user defined parameters a lot more recently and the functionality is seriously lacking compared to HPT mapped values.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mukhery View Post
    +1

Would really like to see these features for user defined parameters. I'm using user defined parameters a lot more recently and the functionality is seriously lacking compared to HPT mapped lowes life values.
    Pretty cool and awesome.
    Last edited by klensini; 07-26-2020 at 08:19 AM. Reason: spelling