Thread: 2003 Z06, can I run both 2 bar MAP and MAF?

Advanced Tuner

2003 Z06, can I run both 2 bar MAP and MAF?

I'd like to run both 2 bar MAP as well as LS7 MAF with 4" tube.

OS 12221588

Rather low boost, so MAF scale shoud be...just about sufficient.

And how about P59, if I want to switch to Flex Fuel?

You can for some operating systems, simply change the MAP Linear/Offset for a 2 Bar MAP, you will see correct map in the scanner however VE tables will still top at 105 KPa.
    If you want SD fueling for boost, you need a custom OS for 2/3 Bar with extended VE tables. For a VE table to work properly you need to switch to true SD and that means failing the MAF.

Just change the MAP scalar to match the 2 Bar MAP and tune the MAF curve, no need for a custom OS, many boosted engines are working good on MAF only.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    For a VE table to work properly you need to switch to true SD and that means failing the MAF.
    Sure, but I recall someone posting here that some OS had still capability to do both.

Same with missing P0300 detection capability (SD OS) which was there, or maybe not.

Yes if you apply a custom OS and want to keep the blended SD/MAF tune you can still do so. You just won't be able to dial the MAF in with the RTT option. But yes the MAF will still operate if you want it to with the custom OS's.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    The p59 boosted os has a small ve compared to the po1 but if you don't exceed the maf hz cap then you should be just fine using g that for the flex fuel stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles View Post
    Sure, but I recall someone posting here that some OS had still capability to do both.

Same with missing P0300 detection capability (SD OS) which was there, or maybe not.
    If your MAF sensor and the pipe are large enough you can do it if the Hz signal of the MAF isn't maxxed, however you may need to rescale because the PCM still has a 512 g/s airflow limit.

• Upgrade to 2 Bar OS
    • Keep the MAF
    • Scale MAF/Injectors and tune the MAF curve
    • Fail the MAF and tune the VE table
    • Re-enable the MAF

This will give you MAF/SD blended fueling with misfire diagnostics and room in the spark table to compensate for different boost levels.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    The p59 boosted os has a small ve compared to the po1 but if you don't exceed the maf hz cap then you should be just fine using g that for the flex fuel stuff.
    There are other boosted custom OS's that still have the full resolution VE table and go to 285kpa.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    There are other boosted custom OS's that still have the full resolution VE table and go to 285kpa.
    thats new news for me. of course i probably dont see as many as you might.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    If your MAF sensor and the pipe are large enough you can do it if the Hz signal of the MAF isn't maxxed, however you may need to rescale because the PCM still has a 512 g/s airflow limit.

• Scale MAF/Injectors and tune the MAF curve
    I will definitely hit the 512 g/s limit, so scaling is a must. Luckily, I've done that many times with various tunes so it won't be a problem.

*** Thank you very much! And rest of the commenters as well. Forum at its best. ***