Thread: Cylinder Air Mass Question

Tuner

Cylinder Air Mass Question

In the spark advance table the cylinder air mass only goes up to 1.20 but in my log it goes to 1.5 is this a problem. The air fuel was at 11.2 on my air fuel gauge.
    This the log.1 23 19.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    It's not a problem per say your reading that high however you do loose the ability to control spark because it will just use the last number in the 1.2 airmass cells so unless you can alter the spark airmass resolution in the spark chart your sol on that end. If your afr is rich that will also raise your cylinder airmass levels so depending on your setup - what mods do you have? 11.2 might be way to rich. If the afr is correct then you would have to scale the tune to get you back on the airmass scale

Tuner
    The set up is a LQ4 forged bottom end LJM Stage 2 cam sheet metal intake with twin 70mm turbos on 12psi of boost. Twin 400 pumps but right now only 60lb injectors I have a set of Bosch 210s but not installed yet.

Advanced Tuner
    For the 210s you will need to double the stoich and 1/2 the ivt terms and fuel flow rate to work around the ECU hardcode limit. The afr is a little rich but it's fine. What are the idc at and fuel pressure?

That computer will handle 254lb/hr injectors, no need to double stoich anything.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    5fdp - sorry my bad forgot if there was a cap or not, thanks. Then yeah he should be go to go on that then.
    Lsgto - so with the above said - I'd say put the 210s in with the data to go along with the fuel pressure your running and tune your airflow model back in line and see where your cylinder airmass ends up being when it's all said and done and go from there. If your still off the airmass scale for some reason and you cant change the airmass resolution you will have to scale the tune then to get it back on the chart
    Last edited by TCSS07; 01-24-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Tuner
    Right now the IDC is around 85 will jump to 100 if I forget to turn on second pump fuel pressure is 58psi I just changed out all fuel lines to a -10 feed and return so the 210s are next just looking for some good weather to do so. will timing effect the air mass if so is it to much or to little thanks.