Thread: 2008 LMM tune

Tuner in Training

2008 LMM tune

bought the truck used and this is the tune thats in it, safe or bogus tune?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    how does it run?

I like it, should run pretty good. Compared it to my stock 2010 file. If had to put a number on it i'd say 120hp tune or so though admittedly i'm no pro. They upped the boost to match the added fuel. They got it set up keep vanes open at idle (less whistle, all rumble) which is fine, just preference. Timing always baffles me as i've seen over a dozen different ways to do it, but they only changed the Pilot 1 and added like 15* of timing. Not sure how this affects the main event maybe someone else can explain that one.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroked06Goat View Post
    I like it, should run pretty good. Compared it to my stock 2010 file. If had to put a number on it i'd say 120hp tune or so though admittedly i'm no pro. They upped the boost to match the added fuel. They got it set up keep vanes open at idle (less whistle, all rumble) which is fine, just preference. Timing always baffles me as i've seen over a dozen different ways to do it, but they only changed the Pilot 1 and added like 15* of timing. Not sure how this affects the main event maybe someone else can explain that one.
    I'm looking for something with a little less power added to it, I'm trying to salvage my Allison as she has about 202k miles. i might check it out and see how it does.
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by logmant15 View Post
    I'm looking for something with a little less power added to it, I'm trying to salvage my Allison as she has about 202k miles. i might check it out and see how it does.
    Thanks

Storked06Goat
    how does it do you for mpg with this tune?

202k on the allison unless it was beat on will be just fine. Its all in how you drive it. The power is added up top of course so unless your in the throttle you should do fine with mileage. You could tune down your pulsewidth on top and trim some power out, and smooth down from there.

Relatively good tune. I'd also suggest pulling some fuel out via uS and smoothing the table if you want to remove some power.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Tuned View Post
    Relatively good tune. I'd also suggest pulling some fuel out via uS and smoothing the table if you want to remove some power.
    pulling out some fuel via uS?

i would pull a %(say .80%) from the injector PW correct and then just smooth it out?
    im not super famaliar with diesel tuning, i have done a few gas LS things but nothing major so forgive me for my ignorance.

Potential Tuner
    Stroked06Goat,

what tune do you have on your LMM? will you post it?

Not on my tuning laptop but its been posted before. Look back some posts and you'll see it in this forum. I got it to run 'good' with some help on here a year or two ago. Its pretty cut and dry besides timing. There's some tips you'll read on it. Took me a while to conceptualize the lower the boost, the quicker the spool getting in to the power.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroked06Goat View Post
    i did read your forum awhile back, thanks for the link

how does yours do on fuel mpg's? and just normal driveability?

Potential Tuner
    Question? Im looking for a pid list for the vcm scanner, so i can log what everything is doing right now is there a direction you could point me in or a layout you could attach? Also for a 2008 lmm.

Quote Originally Posted by logmant15 View Post
    i did read your forum awhile back, thanks for the link

how does yours do on fuel mpg's? and just normal driveability?
    Does ok on MPG's with 35's it runs about 16-17mpg. I'm working on a new tune soon now that I have some free time to experiment.

Potential Tuner
    thank you goat. im going to go run a log and see whats all going on. if there is a way i could upload it and maybe have you take a look at it to see what you think of it that would be awesome.

Potential Tuner
    there is a quick run want to verify nothing is too out of place with it before getting a longer log file