Thread: VCMS4 Maf(Hz) pid not supported, customer service wont help (H3) GM 06 Maf equipped

Potential Tuner

VCMS4 Maf(Hz) pid not supported, customer service wont help (H3) GM 06 Maf equipped

To elaborate, i have vcm scanner up and running i know what im doing as i was told to spend 200h on this forum and on the Guild of EFI tuners on Fb Before messing with vcm editor, my issue is there is no solution for my problem and would like to make it public. I have my h3 hummer 2006 GM gen5 engine class the I5 atlas 3500 its bone stock ecu has never seen a tune before and i bought it new so thats how i know, im not going to brag about my accomplishments but on a daily basis tune my 2005 f150 on hpt i mean its brick central so i can navigate hp tuners. Now i calibrated my maf on my truck! But when the vcm scanner is on my H3 it will not log the Maf Hz or Maf V pid as in the pid to log the channels will not be in the channel menu, now it does have a frequency input on the pcm since i have a h3 service manual telling me how to test the maf Hz with a volt meter no surprises so far. Thanks for reading all this, long story short i cant get this point across to hp tuners CS. They out here asking me if i know how to log pids or open tabs in vcm editor but i really dont want to bring this issue to my IT employee and ask him to do on my company time as the guidelines go here are my files. what am i doing wrong here my English?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pcex_pro4ever; 01-30-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Potential Tuner

about to take this to court PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE SCREEN SHOTS

just a quick update guys, im going to send one last email to them before taking em to small claims court because they advertised this working with my hummer and it really has one mistake preventing as described above moreover that Eric Krupp himself keeps ignoring this maf issue and responds to my emails with no support, furthermore using belittling english as in asking me if i even know how to set up the user interface or diverting my clear issue regarding the software lacking to this forum so here look at them screen shots. i calibrate mafs, i dont bitch or ask stupid questions here or on my FB group, i was showing respect and patience finally most importantly ive spend 200H on here reading everything before starting to play with vcm editor. I deal with people in MJ Rec. states who smoke them self retarded and even they have more situational awareness. gm4.6mafcalibration.pnggm4.6.pnghptcs.png calibratingsomerandomguysmaftoproveapoint.pngI KEEP TELLING ERIC THERE IS NO MAF FREQUENCY PID IN THE CHANNELS MENU AND AFTER 6 EMAILS HE TOLD ME TO ADD IT, LIKE YEAH ADD A CHANNEL THATS NOT IN THE MENU OKAY YOU DO IT SEND ME THE CONFIG FILES AND LET ME USE IT
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pcex_pro4ever; 01-30-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Potential Tuner

There is nothing wrong with my work

--
    Ticket summary:
    [email protected]:

TTA45-ZFGLF-GYFS5-FFMGK-4TSUS-L5FTW-3GNFG
    The current maf sensor is a Jet brand and i do have the oem one that i can
    pop it in, i was calibrating for the open air intake. When i realized i was
    not getting any info off the maf other then flow rate from the backed
    channels, which you know is kinda weird but then again Jet products heheh i
    did my homework over the whole weekend with no prevail. other then try the
    oem maf sensor but being in europe i figured i would call it a day and
    gather some intel overnight while i worked on how to use vcm 2 .hst files
    on vcm 4? yeee two birds one stone, great product and forum. PLS help me
    thx
    (btw here is how far i got with that maf calibration)
    Sinan Dylan Mays

Support
    Jan 22, 2019, 9:27 PM (8 days ago)
    to me

====== Please reply above this line ======

Thank you for contacting support Sinan,
    Did you post your question on the forum as to how to set this up this would be the best advise I can give.

Sincerely,
    Eric Krupp
    HP Tuners LLC
    www.hptuners.com
    M-F 9-5 CST

[email protected]
    Attachments
    Jan 22, 2019, 10:30 PM (8 days ago)
    to Support

yes sir i read previous post to elaborate as you can see i have registered a f150 that have completed the task at hand 2005 f150 for the same (maf calibration) via Hz vs LTFT. Now the forum makes it clear i have to add the pid of MAF (frequency) to my channel for the graph i have set up will not work without, my problem is that HENCE MAF FREQUENCY PID IS NOT EVEN ON THE LIST OF SUPPORTED CHANNEL PIDS. so the forum said i cannot calibrate my maf i have tried using user defined math to work around it but again as the forum said if the channel is not logging the pid the math does not work. I mean you can see in my first email i have an cam angle pid to tune my ve table based on cam phasing, i can get that done but im confused if the best advice your giving me is to ask how to set up some graphs then you know maybe im not getting my point across. In conclusion my h3 has a maf sensor thats oem, it does use frequency since i can use my volt meter to read the Hz your software will not let me log the frequency pid, please add that in so i can continue with my work. as shown below it just has maf flow rate not the volts or Hz as needed

Attachments area

Support
    Jan 22, 2019, 10:41 PM (8 days ago)
    to me

Hi Sinan,
    Ok I understand send me your tune file and I'll see if it can be added.

Sincerely,
    Eric Krupp
    HP Tuners LLC
    www.hptuners.com
    M-F 9-5 CST

[email protected]
    Attachments
    Jan 22, 2019, 10:48 PM (8 days ago)
    to Support

thank you sir, here is the oem tune file i have read from the truck, with the following conditions being true; current file has no modification made to it, 1 owner and never had been tuned before.
    thank you
    Sinan Dylan Mays

Attachments area

Support
    Jan 23, 2019, 2:37 AM (7 days ago)
    to me

Hi Sinan,
    Can you try this and let me know if it works for you. Open your file go to edit and down to navigator type in MAF. look at the table MAf Calibration (airflow vs Frequency) If this is what your looking for try to add the channel in scanner now knowing what your looking for.

Sincerely,
    Eric Krupp
    HP Tuners LLC
    www.hptuners.com
    M-F 9-5 CST

[email protected]
    Jan 23, 2019, 10:35 PM (7 days ago)
    to Support

Not working, im not putting it simply and its causing misunderstanding. In the screen shots from my previous emails you can see vcm scanner does not support this pid, i need vcm scanner to log this pid so i can calibrate my maf sensor. as i said before ive done this to other cars it works and i know how to set it up i cant seem to get it across that the software is lacking and its not my fault. yes im confident the h3 hummer pcm does have a maf frequency input since im reading the oem service manual on how to test it with a volt meter and its working.
    image.png
    image.png

Support
    Jan 25, 2019, 7:18 PM (5 days ago)
    to me

HI Sinan,
    Can you send me your:
    Datalog of the vehicle
    Channels config
    Layout config

Sincerely,
    Eric Krupp
    HP Tuners LLC
    www.hptuners.com
    M-F 9-5 CST

[email protected]
    Attachments
    Jan 28, 2019, 6:25 PM (2 days ago)
    to Support

--
    Sinan Mays
    3 Attachments

Support
    Attachments
    Jan 29, 2019, 1:18 AM (1 day ago)
    to me

Sinan,
    I understand open your scanner and datalog add a channel for maf airflow sensor freq. Then I have attached a pic of the completed setup for you graph. You will nee to change the values in you Mass airflow freq axis. These can be found in your tune file. This should work after being setup re-datalog the vehicle.
    ltft vs freq.PNG
    Sincerely,
    Eric Krupp
    HP Tuners LLC
    www.hptuners.com
    M-F 9-5 CSTltft vs freq.PNGAttachment 86563
    Last edited by pcex_pro4ever; 01-30-2019 at 10:52 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I apologize for the issues you are going through, I've referred Eric to this thread and, if he hasn't already, he should be offering a teamviewer session for you to try and get the issue resolved with the lack of scanner pids.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    For the record it was just a matter of repolling for the available pids from what Eric told me. I'm closing the thread.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"